For the 350 Legend fans - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post
Haven't shot anything with them yet, just going off of the performance guys hunting with the 357 Mini-Mole (360 Dan Wesson length) at 1850fps muzzle velocity were getting out to 100yds. At max COL (the 200ftx is a long bullet) you can add another 150-200fps with the 357AR and the same barrel length. I suspect with the 22" barrel neckisred will get close to 2250-2300fps with the 200gr ftx which should put him at over 1740fps at 200 yds and over 1300 ftlbs (100+fps faster than the mini-mole at 100yds). Here's what the 200ftx did out of the mini-mole at 70-100yds with a 1850fps at the muzzle load. Just thought it looked like it might be a good performer.
Can't argue with that performance or those numbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
How do you know it is more accurate than you? How much smaller are the groups shot by others than your groups?
I don't consider myself much of a rifle shooter I guess. As far as the groups others are getting, I'd suggest you read the original post and the rest of the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35-35.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	230694  

post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:40 PM

I've read it all. Unless you have someone else shoot it, you can not be sure that it is capable of better accuracy than the smallest group you have fired so far. That is my only point.

I see many instances claiming a gun is more accurate than the shooter, but few offer any proof.

2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional , illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of cr*p by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I've read it all. Unless you have someone else shoot it, you can not be sure that it is capable of better accuracy than the smallest group you have fired so far. That is my only point.

I see many instances claiming a gun is more accurate than the shooter, but few offer any proof.
Brother, can you be any more or a hater on this post? Are you contributing any thing of worthiness of the OP or development of his rifle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Handis 223 Superlight, 357 Maxi x 2,
Pardners 410 22''full, 20ga Tamer, 20ga 20' threaded for chokes youth model, Pardner 12ga 18.5 threaded for chokes.
too many numerous ones that have been sold
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:07 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
And this has what to do with the price of tea in China? The man has built an accurate load for an accurate rifle. Love it or leave it be and quit trolling.

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. My apologies for feeding him. I only posted this project hoping to offer an idea to those who like to tinker. Having so many willing to help and everything but the barrel on hand, it was a simple project. I think this could be an absolute monster with some Fury bullets and someone with more knowledge than myself.
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckisred View Post
Thanks guys. My apologies for feeding him. I only posted this project hoping to offer an idea to those who like to tinker. Having so many willing to help and everything but the barrel on hand, it was a simple project. I think this could be an absolute monster with some Fury bullets and someone with more knowledge than myself.
Thank you for it sir!

Enjoyable and informative reading!

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to Ol BW

Quote:

I believe what Neckisred was saying is that this rifle makes it look like he is a good shooter, (which is total B.S. because I have seen his targets!) but it is something humble people say.

To truly see if any firearm is more accurate than any shooter, or a any other firearm, would require a machine rest, like a ransom rest in the case of pistols.

In my opinion, a firearm has to be pretty bad to shoot bad in the hands of someone who is truly a marksman. After a few shots to learn a firearm, a marksman should be able to make a given firearm shoot reasonably where he wants it. Maybe not MOA but hit what he aims at.

Bryan,
Awesome work and awesome shooting, brother!

BW

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
Thank you for it sir!

Enjoyable and informative reading!

CW
Brian. Have to admit I'm a little surprised you didn't jump on the 357AR bandwagon. You getting a little old on us? I've always enjoyed all your posts and the cool things you've shared since I've been here. Then you went out and bought that boring 350 Legend? Glad to see you participating here again and I know you'll get everything possible out of that Legend.
post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol BW View Post
I believe what Neckisred was saying is that this rifle makes it look like he is a good shooter, (which is total B.S. because I have seen his targets!) but it is something humble people say.

To truly see if any firearm is more accurate than any shooter, or a any other firearm, would require a machine rest, like a ransom rest in the case of pistols.

In my opinion, a firearm has to be pretty bad to shoot bad in the hands of someone who is truly a marksman. After a few shots to learn a firearm, a marksman should be able to make a given firearm shoot reasonably where he wants it. Maybe not MOA but hit what he aims at.

Bryan,
Awesome work and awesome shooting, brother!

BW

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ol BW was another who was kind enough to pick up the phone and give me a call when I was working on the feeding on this project. I knew he had Savage experience and his knowledge got me where I needed to be. He is definitely my enabling brother from another mother, as he helped a ton with my 357AR as well. Another bonus is, he speaks a language I understand.
A quick trip to any public range kinda backs up my theory that most rifles are more accurate than the shooter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page