Out of the loop - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Out of the loop

I used to live on the Handi forums back in the days before Facebook. but haven't even visited in 5 years.
I though there used to be a sticky about H&R news, but I don't see anything.
Does H&R still produce new rifles, fit barrels, or even exist as a company any more?

I'm getting back into shooting shenanigans now that we have the wife through school and working. It's a lot more fun to be a gun guy when you aren't starving to death!! Now it's time to start considering the project ideas that got dropped years ago when we started her education adventures. Of course, I forgot the password to my old account and don't have access to the email address. The WestboundII account is new, but I'm definitely not, though I don't expect many folks will remember me. Can't blame them, because I only remember a couple of members here from back then. I'm sure many have come and gone, and no doubt that some have passed away.

Anyways, it's nice to be back and look forward to meeting new folks and learning more from the old hands.

-Justin

Formerly the user Westbound, though I doubt anyone would remember a lurker from over a decade ago. Long since forgot that password and email account, so here we are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Other than importing some partner shotguns I think H&R is dead. We know the machinery was sold off so they are out of the rifle biz.

That was 5 years ago. Prices have risen, I have seen bare barrels sell for 500$ on ebay. Paid 400$ for a new unfired barrel only in .45 colt myself.

Average prices are probably in the 250 to 350$ for common calibers. All depends on how badly someone wants it.

Interests wide and widely varying.
Happily married 18 years. Retired on SS with lots of time to spend.
Started with .223 Ultra Bull barrel. Added .357 Talo barrel. Added an action and stock set bought here, 7.62x39 barrel. Then bought complete guns .444 Marlin and .300 Blackout. Leaving me at 4 complete rifles plus a barrel. Plus a 9mm stub job bought here, and I have been finding and buying H&R shotguns at our local pawn shop where they seem to go cheap.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Welcome back! H&R support still exists, most of the website is alive and they still answer the phone at Remington in NC, they still sell parts that remain in inventory as well, the only firearms available are the imported shotguns as Ghost said tho. Lots of parts are still available at Numrich and Midwest Gun Works too.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in