.357 Maxi Brass - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Default .357 Maxi Brass

I ordered some .357 Remington Maximum brass from Starline yesterday. The web page stayed that it was in stock. I hope that is actually true.
Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 06:14 AM

According to the Starline site, it shows as available.

I have had zero problems with Starline as a company and their brass is great. Hope you bought enough?

Interests wide and widely varying.
Happily married 18 years. Retired on SS with lots of time to spend.
Started with .223 Ultra Bull barrel. Added .357 Talo barrel. Added an action and stock set bought here, 7.62x39 barrel. Then bought complete guns .444 Marlin and .300 Blackout. Leaving me at 4 complete rifles plus a barrel. Plus a 9mm stub job bought here, and I have been finding and buying H&R shotguns at our local pawn shop where they seem to go cheap.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGazer View Post
I ordered some .357 Remington Maximum brass from Starline yesterday. The web page stayed that it was in stock. I hope that is actually true.
Ray
I have 200+ new Remington 357 Maximum brass that I no longer need if you cant get it from Starline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 07:41 AM

I didn’t realize there was a scarcity.

Glad ya found some

Star line has always worked well for me.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 08:32 AM

Believe it or not I found the cheapest online was Remington branded at Cabela's.

357 Mag camo syn stock, 30/30 cinnamon lam checkered straight grip stock, 20 ga USH camo syn stock, 20 ga Topper Jr 490 cut to 21.5" and Rem Chokes, 357 Rem Max nickel Topper 88 .410 stock.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 12:06 AM

I went to Cabela's to check this out and they must have been hit hard - does not even come up in a search - in fact, their list of calibers is pretty slim when I looked a couple days ago.

Dan - Handi's - 157 22 Hornet Mannlicher Stock, 157 30-30 Mannlicher stock, 45LC Buffalo Classic Carbine with 22K-Hornet and .357 Max Talo barrels, 45-70 Buffalo Classic, 204 Ruger Ultra with Fluted Barrel, 223, 12 Gauge Topper Deluxe Classic, 20 gauge TDC, 20 Gauge Topper Junior Classic, Pardner .410 Youth, 17HMR Sportster, .357 Mag Handi...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 10:59 AM

I bought a bag of 250 from Starline when they began making it. If anyone wants to split half a bag or trade for some just send a pm.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

The brass was delivered today. I still need to order a single stage press, case trimmer, and balance beam scale, and a couple other items. I will likely order them next week. (I deliberately waited until I have all of the ammunition components.)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGazer View Post
The brass was delivered today. I still need to order a single stage press, case trimmer, and balance beam scale, and a couple other items. I will likely order them next week. (I deliberately waited until I have all of the ammunition components.)

Have you picked out your press and scale? My 2 cents worth - Lee does have some reasonably priced presses but stay with the cast iron versions if going with Lee. Lyman, RCBS are both fine - I'm not a fan of Hornady presses with the LNL system - I had one and the dies kept working loose. I use an ol Pacific Cast Iron single stage I bought used. I'd suggest staying away from Lee's balance scale - had one - darned hard to read. I have an old Pacific / Hornady that works great. Lyman, RCBS scales again just about any model will be fine. Have fun!

Dan - Handi's - 157 22 Hornet Mannlicher Stock, 157 30-30 Mannlicher stock, 45LC Buffalo Classic Carbine with 22K-Hornet and .357 Max Talo barrels, 45-70 Buffalo Classic, 204 Ruger Ultra with Fluted Barrel, 223, 12 Gauge Topper Deluxe Classic, 20 gauge TDC, 20 Gauge Topper Junior Classic, Pardner .410 Youth, 17HMR Sportster, .357 Mag Handi...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 03:51 PM

I bought a nice cast RCBS beam scale and it works great. I also bought a Franklin Arsenal digital scale as a back up. I recently started reloading due to the ppl here. I only load for maxi. Listen to these ppl they will help you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Handis 223 Superlight, 357 Maxi x 2,
Pardners 410 22''full, 20ga Tamer, 20ga 20' threaded for chokes youth model, Pardner 12ga 18.5 threaded for chokes.
too many numerous ones that have been sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page