Im cool - Graybeard Outdoors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Default Im cool

been a rash of what I call IM COOL posts on this and other fourms I go on. Mostly by wanabes not experienced hunters that know better. Some of my favorites
1. the 45 colt is vastly superior to the 44mag.
2. the 270 is hands down better then the o6
3. fixed powered scopes are somehow superior to variables
4. I'm so cool I can kill deer with an underpowered gun

Who do I thank for this kind of bs? Gun writters that will say about anything to get an article published and make a few bucks. egotistical guys that think they were born with skills and worse of all internet experts that do a lot more typing then they do shooting or hunting. There you go. My rant is over. Your cool and I'm not. We just wont compare who has the most venison in the freezer at the end of the year

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 08:41 AM

Well Lloyd, I know you ate your last package of venison a week ago. I checked my freezer and I have one package I've been saving so I could be the "cool king".

I've got pork too..... how cool does that make me? 🦅🦅

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM

Loyd ,to me this seems like a I'm cool post. So what if someone prefers the 270 over the 06 ,or the 45 colt over the 44 mag, why does that offend you so much. I t seems more often than not you post here, just to argue with the guys, I've always read your post & have learned a whole lot. But dang dude lately you're becoming down right arrogant. We all know you kill more deer than any of us. But most here seem to put a couple in the freezer every year. So we must be doing something right. So let that guy hunt with his 45 colt or 270. Life is too short to make every conversation an argument

I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntmuch View Post
Loyd ,to me this seems like a I'm cool post. So what if someone prefers the 270 over the 06 ,or the 45 colt over the 44 mag, why does that offend you so much. I t seems more often than not you post here, just to argue with the guys, I've always read your post & have learned a whole lot. But dang dude lately you're becoming down right arrogant. We all know you kill more deer than any of us. But most here seem to put a couple in the freezer every year. So we must be doing something right. So let that guy hunt with his 45 colt or 270. Life is too short to make every conversation an argument
Well burnt, lloyds on a mission to educate all gbo readers about the ills of using the wrong calibers for deer and such. Lloyds northern deer are armor plated and must be shot a 500myards minimum. He shoots hundreds of them a year. All with long range magnum calibers that the average man could not shoot because the recoil is so fierce.

Yup, you got it burnt. Lloyd is the king of cool. And gets a little grumpy if anyone dares say they killed a deer at 30 yards with a 223. But then I grew up on the Keith/O'Connor Fred in the gun rags. When I was young I too extolled the virtues of the big elephant guns. But alas, old age and a broken body has reduced me to having to use rifles that have no recoil. And I can no longer see deer at 500 yards so I shoot mine in my yard.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntmuch View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who has been taking his posts this way. I've learned a lot from Lloyd's posts too, but lately........
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 01:02 PM

even though it's illegal to use most places, the best deer cartridge/gun ever devised is the .22 Winchester Magnum. so there, flame on.

"Let's bring back the good old GBO. where the men were men & the sheep knew it!"
----------------------and the women glad of it--------------------------:

-----------------"How d'you Expect to Die if ya Dodge Everything?"--------------------
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 02:33 PM

This should be fun.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
been a rash of what I call IM COOL posts on this and other fourms I go on. Mostly by wanabes not experienced hunters that know better. Some of my favorites
1. the 45 colt is vastly superior to the 44mag.
2. the 270 is hands down better then the o6
3. fixed powered scopes are somehow superior to variables
4. I'm so cool I can kill deer with an underpowered gun

Who do I thank for this kind of bs? Gun writters that will say about anything to get an article published and make a few bucks. egotistical guys that think they were born with skills and worse of all internet experts that do a lot more typing then they do shooting or hunting. There you go. My rant is over. Your cool and I'm not. We just wont compare who has the most venison in the freezer at the end of the year
Boy you sure are in love with yourself.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
even though it's illegal to use most places, the best deer cartridge/gun ever devised is the .22 Winchester Magnum. so there, flame on.
Ah bubba, you won't get no grief from me. I've killed a lot of game with a 22mag rifle and some with a 22 mag handgun 🦅🦅

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 03:46 PM

There's nothing needed more than a 20 gauge shotgun, a 22 rifle, and your handgun of choice.

Unless you're Lloyd, then you need a 460 Weatherby, a 4 gauge shotgun, and a 44 magnum handgun.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page