Enviro-Nazis get another lesson in the law of unintended consequences - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Default Enviro-Nazis get another lesson in the law of unintended consequences

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/switching...004440009.html

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 11:16 AM

Gun Cabinet

There is a sweet irony here. However, I see more regulation just around the corner and a new environmental move to ban lights at night to cut down on “pollution”.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.

Last edited by littlecanoe; 11-25-2017 at 11:30 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

I agree, their solution always involves more government rather than less.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 01:33 PM

What's wrong with light???? I have a better solution, stop making fixed nitrogen from air. This would reduce the food supply below that which is needed to sustain the current world wide population, thus cutting the burden by about 2-4 billion people. Resources would explode (relatively) and we would prosper - just like after the black plague reduced the population and increased supply for those who were left.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBear View Post
What's wrong with light???? I have a better solution, stop making fixed nitrogen from air. This would reduce the food supply below that which is needed to sustain the current world wide population, thus cutting the burden by about 2-4 billion people. Resources would explode (relatively) and we would prosper - just like after the black plague reduced the population and increased supply for those who were left.

Another solution would be for those that propose this type of thing to volunteer for euthanasia. However, I doubt they would be willing to be the ones to follow their own ideas. Kind of like those billionaires on the left that say they want their income taxes increased. They are free to send in as much extra as they care to. Problem is they don't care to.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 05:13 PM

With a little thinking they could aim lights better. Light pollution is a constant peeve of mine. The sports park the city rammed down this neighborhood has big lights that shine right in the windows, and they "forget" to turn them off.

Now they are finding out that the new LED traffic lights don't melt frost and snow, so go blank in storms. And they don't just replace worn out lights or bulbs, they take down good new ones and install the new expensive ones.

Same for street signs; someone figured out small case letters are easier to read than the old all capitals, so instead of using the new style when replacing signs, they took ALL thenm down and put up new ones

Isn't the old saying: "Penny wise, pound foolish"?

just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 05:43 PM

Gun Cabinet

NW. Maybe you can check out and help save the world.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 05:45 PM

Gun Cabinet

I like the idea of aimed lights. Hadn’t thought of that. A redesign of the security light should help.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 07:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to billy_56081

The world needs a huge war, plague or natural disaster.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 07:59 PM

Gun Cabinet

Billy. You are free to off yourself. One less mouth for Mother Nature then eh? That would be fully consistent with your view. How strongly do you believe what you said?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page