"White" ... as a pejorative.. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 04:46 AM

theres a but load of black men who have done as much or more and even given there lives for you and had your sons back side covered in Iraq. My point is judge a man by the man he is not the color he is or where in the country he decides to call home. Because theres some idiots on both sides of this problem both black and white doesn't mean because I'm white I'm one bit better. Theres prejudicial people of every race, religion and region of the country. Why feed it. Do you really want a race war? Do you really think there will be a winner in it? How does that old saying go? Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. Most comical thing about posts like these is youll see the same people on the religion section quoting scripture and claiming to be Christian. Wonder how Jesus would have reacted to someone calling him WHITEY????
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr sawyer View Post
Just because you ask. I served 6 years in the Army 1969-1975 and have an honorable discharge. Also have a son that served in USMC with two tours in IRAQ also with an honorable discharge. We both sill work for a living, although at 69 I do not work as hard as I once did. As far as deserving a KISS I never thought I did. I was just offering.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 12-01-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan5mm View Post
Ya gotta have really thin skin to go looking for stuff like this to get p.o.ed about every day.
...Don't have to look for it..it smacks us in the face on a regular basis.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 06:45 AM

I guess with some hearing truth gets under there skin and being a Christian is harder then posting like one. Its one thing to be able to quote scripture its quite different though to actually follow it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan5mm View Post
Ya gotta have really thin skin to go looking for stuff like this to get p.o.ed about every day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I guess with some hearing truth gets under there skin and being a Christian is harder then posting like one. Its one thing to be able to quote scripture its quite different though to actually follow it .
In the news just this morning;

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/201...white-alabama/

..And here, just this morning..from a U.S. congressman;

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...hild-murderer/

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Lloyd;
The OP has little to do with being a Christian. If you think being a Christian means being kicked around and coming back for more, I'm not interested In your brand.
Look at those last two links I posted, if that is what you consider "fair play" and decent treatment, I doubt you will attract many converts.

That attitude brings this fellow to mind;

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnelson View Post
As a North Atlantic Islander, I am puzzled by this ethnic label of "white" whenever I see it on a form.
I had to fill out a Mn form the other day and after the box for race, if you checked white, came another box you could check if you were a Latino White.
Not a multiple choice box, just asking if you were a "hispanic" white.
In the previous, there was no "other" option. You HAD to classify yourself as one of their choices.
Divide and separate the best way possible to take control of a populace.

RR
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

As I said earlier, I dislike the labels "white' or "black'.. since generally speaking, most people are NOT truly white or black, but usually range somewhere in between
As a supervisor of a department, one day I was faced with this question. I called upon John to come over beside me..John being a great guy, a light skinned A-American and a store-front preacher who worked to earn his actual living.
I placed my forearm next to his and showed my team that there was very little difference in color..so where to draw the line? In fact, why draw an arbitrary line at all?

Why should race/color even be listed on such things as CC permits, college entrance papers, employment applications etc ?

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Why should race/color even be listed on such things as CC permits, college entrance papers, employment applications etc ?
I do agree with that statement. Jesus said we must love our neighbors. the ones I really feel sorry for are the ones in that grey area that are of mix race. They get white hatred and black hatred and don't fit in anywhere. this country is not suppose to care what race creed or color you are. Its founded on the principal that ALL men are created equal. Far from it in some minds. I don't believe being a Christian means standing back kicked around and coming back for more. I think it means standing up for what Jesus believed even when taking that stand makes you unpopular. If anything fighting harder for Gods truth and what Chistianity really is based on. We need to come together as Christians and find our strengths not pick apart and put anyone into groups because of silly crap like this. theres as many low life white trash welfare recipients in this country milking the system as there are blacks. Throw away these silly sterotypes that were pounded into our heads from the time we were babys.

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 03:18 AM

I'd like to see the Federal Government adopt a policy of color-blindness in the spirit of MLK Jr., by immediately ceasing from the collection of all race/color demographic information, ceasing the storage, analysis, reporting of all such information, deletion of all existing information of that kind. Such policy would immediately apply to all Federal Agencies, and any federally funded activities to include contractors (corporate or individual), and institutions that receive a single cent of federal money. Any activity that is associated with a unique race or color is expressly forbidden to be held on federal land, in federal buildings, or in any manner that may lend to the appearance of preference by the Federal government for or against any race/color, both now and in the future.

While the people of the United States may not soon cease racial bias, the Federal Government can most effectively display leadership in that direction by becoming intentionally blind to a citizens race or skin color. If you think very carefully of the ramifications of such a policy, the activities that currently receive federal dollars would be bound to this as well. That's a whole lot of activities.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

From Lloyd;

the ones I really feel sorry for are the ones in that grey area that are of mix race. They get white hatred and black hatred and don't fit in anywhere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess I live in a different world than does Lloyd. There may be pockets of such anxiety, but I don't see it in any great degree. Being a jackass is not confined to any race or any admixture of race.
I do think it is a bit more tense now than when Obama first took office, since it seems to be part and parcel of accentuating and stirring up "identity politics" as pursued by the DNC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page