Why does Jim Neighbors get a pass? - Page 6 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Guzz, ya gotta look at queers, the same way you look at people that eat their own boogers.

I don't care if they do it. Just don't make me watch.
Great Analogy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dude View Post
Gay's can be accepted as long as they don't PUSH their gayness on the normal natural straight people. He didn't try to run a bakery out of business. He didn't push gay marriage, etc. He kept it to himself, and didn't push it on others. Others accepted him. As it should be. Liberal gays have an agenda. Conservative gays keep to themselves. Yes, there are conservative gays, just like there are conservative blacks.
^^^THAT^^^ ..... there it is, the answer in a nut shell.

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #53 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 07:56 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinslayer1965 View Post
If I had a choice between having lunch with you, Ned and Jim or going to a trailer with Loni Anderson I would have picked the trailer as well!
I guess they had their lunch brought to the trailer... Or maybe they were just living off the fruits of love!

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dude View Post
Conservative gays keep to themselves. Yes, there are conservative gays, just like there are conservative blacks.
That's very true. I have a conservative gay uncle with no agenda. He never votes Democrat and listens to conservative talk radio everyday. He's a big Laura Ingraham fan and is very anti-abortion. He's a Christian as well.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #55 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Why did you bring it up?
You like beating a dead horse or are simply a supposedly broad minded hypocrite looking for trouble.
Because he's concealed by a veil of anonymity afforded by the internet. Typically, weak individuals, who are often ostracized by society and forced to repress antisocial behaviors out of fear in FTF social encounters, feel empowered to create conflict in anonymous social situations. It's really sad if you think about it.
post #56 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:02 PM

Sad? ****, it's confusing to try to understand it!

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #57 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 03:23 AM

The bashing I have seen here and elsewhere has entirely been directed at activists who flaunt their sexuality publicly, demand public recognition and favor, and ridicule those who do not celebrate homosexuality. I have not seen any other kind here on GBO; please correct me if I am wrong.

The fact remains that the bible teaches homosexuality is a sin like any other, unique in that it is a reflection of a mind that both knows the truth and has rejected it in favor of their feelings. That ought to be worth considering - when you reject reason in favor of feeling you are rejecting God's design. To proclaim that truth is neither homophobic, nor is it gay bashing as those are both emotionally based.
post #58 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 05:54 AM

It seems Guzzi cannot view the "activist" homosexual, any better than some people can understand the new, excited, "activist" Christian.

Sometimes a new Christian, one recently saved, goes out to bring "the good news" to others, trying to be caring and trying to obey God's great commission. They sometimes are a bit too exuberant and are seen as obnoxious. ... But at least he is doing what he knows as best for his neighbor, offering agape love to others..Still he is often faced with extreme hostility. Most often those who are hostile to them say.."keep your religion to yourself", while the new believer sadly walks away..

Compare that to the "brothers of the lodge pole" clan. They go out demanding that others believe in what they believe, If somebody tells them, "keep your religion to yourself" they don't just walkaway brokenhearted... If somebody doesn't approve of their "worshipping at the lodge pole tent"..they demand their religion be respected..and try various devices (such as lawsuits)..trying to FORCE others to accept their way of life.

I would expect anyone should be able to see the difference in attitudes...

As Christians, we can see by our scriptures that such a practice as homosexuality is wrong. If any preacher says it is acceptable to God, he should best go back and re-study his Bible....

As many said here, Christians will feel sympathy for anyone caught up in sin and pray for them..but if they don't come around to God's truth we won't take them to court, trying to FORCE them to believe anything.

One who "keeps his religion to himself", as Jim Nabors did, will usually not be bothered..other than to be prayed for.

Now is it a bit more clear for you ?

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #59 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBear View Post
That is the first time I have ever seen a reference that trying to buy what a business sells as an attempt to "run them out of business"... It is usually the effort to NOT BUY what they have to sell that drives them out of business!!!
Now you are dealing with what most people call conscience and Christians call the Holy Spirit. I am reasonably sure you understand "conscience'..

Just in case, here's an example..

Your little dog is barking..so the neighbor comes over and demands that you kill your dog! That little dog has been a loving friend for many years and your conscience won't allow you to betray him. But being a decent neighbor, you want to settle the issue, so you offer him other things..a bark collar or something else.

Still, your neighbor demands that you kill the dog, and goes away to find the one judge in the county who hates dogs, hoping he can get a favorable decision to have the dog destroyed.

In this case, the judge was not that twisted as to approve the neighbor's demands.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

...Compare that to the homosexual couple;

They went to a baker and asked him to disobey his conscience (the Holy Spirit). He could not do that, but suggested they go to another baker.

At this point, they became obnoxious and DEMANDED that he violate his conscience, from which he demurred..saying that there were other bakers who would gladly serve them..

Well, this pair already had a judge lined up, who was willing to persecute this baker or refusing to "kill his dog" so to speak..so he allowed the twisted sisters to destroy what this decent family worked for all their lives for.

Now can you better understand why some folks disagree with that "judge" ?

post #60 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 01:50 PM
dcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzziJohn1 View Post
Hey, thanks guys, asked a question and received answers. Some even made sense. Jim Neighbors did receive some good recognition but still underrated IMHO, especially in the music world.
GuzziJohn
are we speaking of Jim Neighbors (?) or Jim Nabors of "Gomer Pyle"?

lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page