The red pest bugs are here arrived just now - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:55 PM

Yep, I am told by my wife and friends that they do bite. However, even though they light on me every time I go on the porch, I've never been bitten. I just must not taste good, or they don't like tough meat. Anyway, if they are somewhere that you don't mind getting wet, soapy water will kill them.

Aim small, miss small!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:33 PM

Location: Southern Indiana surrounded by federal public land, Hoosier National Forrest

Permethrin

https://www.domyown.com/permethrin-sfr-368-p-445.html

Tree sprayer
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chapin-G3...83&athena=true

After the first freeze, next time it get's warm at all as you are finding, the asian beetles will swarm your house. Be ready to spray and spray the whole house out side from peak of the roof to the foundation. Kill 'em all while they are still outside.

The permethrin will dry on the outside and actively kill bugs for several weeks so long as it gets a chance to dry.

That bottle there for about $30 something would spray my own entire house, detached garage, and another garage and fill up my pump up fruit sprayer twice a year, for about 4 - 5 years.

Use it in the fall for the lady bugs. Use it in the spring when the wood boring bees show up. Use it all summer long to spray down your pants and shoes to keep ticks off you.

"Last seen wandering Hoosier National Forest."
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 PM

Location: Southern Indiana surrounded by federal public land, Hoosier National Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
We have had some real cold weather and I have not seen any for a week so hope the infestation will not return last year was very bad.

Deaconllb

If you do not kill them, they will come back to the same places every year, over and over and bring back all their off spring with them. Kill them all for a few years and it will get less and less. Ignore them and they will get worse and worse every year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbammer View Post
They just mysteriously show up here about 5 yrs. ago .I first thought they were our common lady bugs they look identical but you can smell the difference if you mash one . They don't seem to hurt anything . Just make a big mess in my utility building . I think Asia is where they immigrated from . No doubt on a caravan .
The were deliberately imported here by the farmers and the US ag department to battle aphid on soybeans. Of course it was promised they would "never be able to reproduce HERE".

https://ento.psu.edu/extension/facts...an-lady-beetle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page