Is vaping taking away tobacco company profits? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 02:44 PM

Altria (formerly Phillip Morris USA) is the most successful corporation in all of history. It has consistently paid dividends for 54 years, and has never missed a beat. And, it has increased the amount or its dividend 52 times in 54 years.

The people who manage Altria are very long term thinkers. They aren't just sitting around the table saying, "Geez, I guess nobody will be smoking cigarettes in 20 years, so our company will be out of business."

They are totally out in front of anything and everything relating to smoking, and nicotine delivery. They let small start-up companies do all of the research for new products, spend huge amounts on R&D for the new products, and spend the marketing dollars to create a successful brand. Then, if the small company actually becomes successful, they just walk in and buy it for a couple of billion in cash. They have done this over and over.

Never bet against big tobacco!

Remember 10 years ago, when the tobacco companies had to enter a settlement agreement with all of the States and Federal government, for the class actions filed against them for cancer and health problems? They agreed to pay billions of dollars into a settlement fund, and EVERYBODY said that that would be the end of big tobacco, and that they would go bankrupt!

Well, Atria just raised the prices of its cigarettes by 25 cents per pack for three or four years in a row, paid it into the settlement fund, laughed, and continued to make more and more money for itself. Sure, they ran the ads that told people to quit smoking. So what? It is an addictive product.

Mannyrock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 02:57 PM

P.S.- 10 days ago, on December 20th, Altria bought 35% of Juul (the largest vaping manufacturer in the U.S.) for $38 billion cash.

So, go ahead and vape!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyrock View Post
P.S.- 10 days ago, on December 20th, Altria bought 35% of Juul (the largest vaping manufacturer in the U.S.) for $38 billion cash.

So, go ahead and vape!
Its amazing Manny how many people kill their selves just to have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Gun Cabinet

I never smoked never saw the need to do it and now here in Oklahoma with all the added taxes trying to get people to stop and even at some at 6.00 a pack they still smoke very few places where you can smoke inside even the VA makes them go outside to smoke and what I have read Vapor is worse than tobacco Indians here in Oklahoma sell a natural tobacco with out all the added chemicals they say it is not as bad for you.
May depend on who the THEY are who is doing the saying.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:14 PM

Never bet against big tobacco!

Never bet against big oil either. Thinking they aren't smart enough to be investing in battery technology.
A shadow company of Exxon just bought out a battery manufacturer and its labs. A company who made
the battery's and the rectifiers for microwave and wind farm sites. I'm thinking it's Lorain but it might be Excide. If it's Lorain they also did the solar sites. You've never heard of her because she never did
anything related to anything else.

She came up with battery's that could power a site for 48 hours, if the back up generator didn't kick in.
I've seen her do it. I've spent many a night nursing a sick generator that was backing her up.
One time was because it became so cold that the propane in the tank wouldn't vaporize.
O&S, PVT at the cottonwood site.

Last edited by Argent11; 12-30-2018 at 03:32 PM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:28 PM

Gun Cabinet

I don't know about now but from what I have heard in the past there were only about 4 companys that made all the batteries that is like car Batteries

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
I don't know about now but from what I have heard in the past there were only about 4 companys that made all the batteries that is like car Batteries

Deaconllb
No my friend it isn't the same people. One look at these site battery's you would understand.
They are UPS battery's not the same at all.

Last edited by Argent11; 12-30-2018 at 03:46 PM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:54 PM

Wrong thread post i know. It was only an illustration of how a lot of company's are changing thier focus markets.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:18 PM

I quit those nasty cigs about 30 years ago. My wife was hooked on the nicotine worse than I was. She quit cigs about 6 ys and hs been on the vapes since. I'm not sure what the long term use will be,but the morning cough stopped for me after about a month of no cigs.
She has experienced the same thing with vaping. No more morning cough. I can't help but believe the smoke in the lungs is worse than vapor. Time will tell I guess!

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:50 AM

I haven't done any research, but if the liquid in the vaping cartridge is a harmless substance, and the only additive is the drug nicotine, then it is hard to believe that inhaling it will have all of the cancer causing effects of burning tobacco. It simply does not contain known toxins.

But, I can see how it may still cause lip or tongue cancer, due to the constant heat and rubbing on the skin.

With Altria now owning 35% of Juul, and Juul selling 75% of all vaping products in the U.S., then starting today, Altria is collecting 25% of the entire free cash flow of all vaping products being sold here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page