Police - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
sagia308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: cedar city ut
Posts: 1,669
Gun Cabinet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Reason enough to take back our self protection
nut cases will go nucular every so often in the vegas Mandalay Bay

a now unarmed hotel security could of fired back into threw the door he was being fired on in the hallway and could of stop or slowed down the masscure from continuing but NO!,
they took all pistols away from secuirty officers in the 1990s in most casinos, because it wasnt PC like for the calif vistors, they didnt want to see us armed, i used to carry in the casinos in the 80s/90s and the custumers from califorina would put there noses up to me knowing i have a S&W 459 on my belt

Last edited by sagia308; 02-17-2019 at 02:43 PM.
sagia308 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Moderator
 
conan the librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 22,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Police are task with an impossible job. Protecting the population. Sure they can patrol the roads and issue tickets for dangerous activity. They can watch crowd and have enough force on hand to deter crime. What they can't do is protect us all the time. The police should be considered help not the one responsible for our personal safety. Some people are against carrying or even owning a gun. So if they feel they can't protect them selves why should the test of us care ? I'M HOME anyone who is of a normal mentally stable mind should carry a gun at all times. They should know when and how to use that gun to protect themselves and others. I doubt there would be mass murder if the cowards knew they would be stopped as soon as they try to start.
The reason we lose freedom is because we don't exercise our rights.
When did the police get the job of protecting the population? Their job is to prevent and detect crime, enforce laws, and to maintain public order. In effect, that does protect the citizenry, but I don't think that's what you're referring to because you said they're tasked with protection.

Are you referring to the kind of protection we see in cop shows, where cops are at the scene of a crime and battling evil doers? If so, that's not their job. It's great to have a cop appear at just the right time, but it's not their job to appear at the right time.
conan the librarian is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,168
Default

They are in most places is part of public safety. They patrol the roads . They have a presence at events etc. Many feel they should protect us from attack. Sure would be nice but will never happen. I guess what people see on TV like you mentioned is where they get this concept. Reality is we give up freedom like carrying a gun because politicans think it would make a policeman's job easier. In effect they can't protect us and often we can't because our rights we're sacrificed in the name of safety.
Shootall3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Moderator
 
conan the librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 22,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
They are in most places is part of public safety. They patrol the roads . They have a presence at events etc. Many feel they should protect us from attack. Sure would be nice but will never happen. I guess what people see on TV like you mentioned is where they get this concept. Reality is we give up freedom like carrying a gun because politicans think it would make a policeman's job easier. In effect they can't protect us and often we can't because our rights we're sacrificed in the name of safety.
Thanks for the clarification. I agree with that.
conan the librarian is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
sagia308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: cedar city ut
Posts: 1,669
Gun Cabinet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
When did the police get the job of protecting the population?
when the lawyers and supreme courts states and goverment started running the circus show we got now and took away any power from average good folks
sagia308 is online now  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Suspect At Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Some people are against carrying or even owning a gun. So if they feel they can't protect them selves why should the test of us care ? I'M HOME anyone who is of a normal mentally stable mind should carry a gun at all times.

They should know when and how to use that gun to protect themselves and others. I doubt there would be mass murder if the cowards knew they would be stopped as soon as they try to start.
The reason we lose freedom is because we don't exercise our rights.
There won't be any murder at my house, I can tell you that. If anyone shows up there and tries it on me, I will empty a magazine of .45's into him. I have been that way for a really long time now.

Those people that do not trust me to have a gun, can drop dead: I have one and I am keeping it.

The wicked shall be turned into Hades, and all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. Psalm 9:17, 18

Last edited by Suspect At Large; 02-17-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Suspect At Large is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,168
Default

Don't feel like the lone ranger 😀
Shootall3 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome