Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:51 PM

Gun Cabinet

video time 1:40
mining output of silver been decling in the past 3 years
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

There are some $9 a ton cost of production mines, some where 15 is the breaking point, from then on i would imagine it would be management.
Turning out fiat currency into something tangible is a factor as well.
Balancing the old portfolio.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 PM

Physical silver:

Pay a premium when buying, and a premium extracted, when selling. Any realized profit taxed at twenty-five percent.

Physical silver is not a store of wealth.

When silver does rise in price, those with physical will not sell. They'll be caught up in their own greed, and reading the same websites, which will tell them it's going higher.

I've been in the metals market for three decades - on both sides - long and short. There are more profitable ways for one of modest investment to take advantage of rising gold and silver prices.

It involves divesting one's self from the false claims of hack sites, and reading. For most, reading is work, and buying physical, easy.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Fiat currencies are backed by nothing.
You have been fortunate for 3 decades.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosmin View Post
Physical silver:

Pay a premium when buying, and a premium extracted, when selling. Any realized profit taxed at twenty-five percent.

Physical silver is not a store of wealth.

When silver does rise in price, those with physical will not sell. They'll be caught up in their own greed, and reading the same websites, which will tell them it's going higher.

I've been in the metals market for three decades - on both sides - long and short. There are more profitable ways for one of modest investment to take advantage of rising gold and silver prices.

It involves divesting one's self from the false claims of hack sites, and reading. For most, reading is work, and buying physical, easy.
I've got a pretty good stash of physical silver that I bought in 2010, but not for investment.
It was to use in case the $ went capoot.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Many of our generation have, and will continue.
I know of gold being held in families from generations ago.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Took the plunge, some is on the way to me, got in before the market opens back up, so now is your opportunity, often when I have purchased, it goes down the next day. ha!

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Last edited by goodshot; 04-22-2019 at 07:45 AM.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:05 AM

Im 62 years old. I shtf today, oh well ive lived a good life and had fun. Me id much rather see a shiny toy in yard that I can have fun with in my last years on earth then some shinny coins that my grandkids will sell and buy a toy to have fun with. Just chewed my dad out yesterday at easter dinner. Hes 87 and is tighter then a drum. He has a couple hundred K in the bank and wont buy a battery for his 4 wheeler. He jump starts it every time he uses it. Says he aint wasting 50 bucks on a battery when he might die tomorrow. Told him that a week after hes gone im taking my share of his money and going out and buying a new corvette. Everyone of us kids is set pretty good and don't need his money.

What a lot of people forget is in a shtf senerio there wont be many buyers of gold and silver. For one thing money will be worthless so whos going to have something to trade that will be worth what you think your gold is? I doubt to many are going to trade off there food for gold because very few will have enough to even feed themselves. I know im not going to put 10 lbs of gold or silver in a back pack and take off a 100 miles to a city to find a buyer. Good thing though would be that most likely when I traded that 10 lbs I will still be able to fit the food I got for it in that back pack for the trip home. bad thing is ill probably have ate it all by the time I get there. Even if you buying it because the paper dollar might we worthless. In that case I have to ask if your going to take a box of useless paper money for your gold. If it happens people will be starving and FOOD will be the most valuable commodity not shinny jewelry.

Why horde it?? I can guarantee you one thing. that silver isn't buying you a thing in heaven. I guess I was never one that lived his life worrying about some world ending senerio. If it does happen I about know for a fact I have more value in ammo then probably anyone here has in silver and gold and id bet the line at my ammo selling table will be a heck of a lot longer then the silver table. Want something simple and easy to horde? 22lr shells. If the world ever gets so bad the dollar is worthless those 22 shells by weight will be worth more then silver. Cool thing too is grabbing a brick of them and knocking down some beer cans is alot more fun then grabbing a brick of silver and throwing it at beer cans. Im not saying its stupid. The right senerio happens and I might be the stupid one but ill leave this earth knowing I had fun with my money. never had a bit of fun looking at a shiny piece of metal or wearing some gold necklace.

Abosolute only way it makes sense to me is if you do like geosmin eluded to and buy it cheap and dump it fast when it goes up and your lucky enough to have it go up enough in the time you held it to make more then you would have investing somewhere else. But like he said the higher it goes the tighter people seem to hold on to it which makes absolutely no economical sense.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 04-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:09 AM

In case of shtf, things will settle down in a few weeks and those with gold and silver will be spendable while paper dollars might be worthless.
Mainly, it's for my wife's protection if I'm dead.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page