Drug mfgrs being sued - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Default Drug mfgrs being sued

Some drug manufacturers are being sued by numerous states. It seems they got together to agree to raise GENERIC drug prices by as much as 1000%.

If they did that, they are robbers (IMO) and should be jailed as if they held up a bank !

Yes they didn't use a gun..but they did make use of the fact that some folks cannot stay alive without the drugs.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-fixing-scheme

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:38 AM

I hope they give each and every one of them jail time
It may make the rest think

History in the making
MAGA
no longer just a political campaign theme/promise.
It is Reality 👍
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:07 AM

I watched something on tv about this last week. I could feel the anger as I watched it. Most people looked at the companies that created the generic drugs as the good guys. The people that understood that the vast majority of people out there could not afford to pay the extraordinarily high price that was being charged for life saving drugs. Now we find out they were just as bad. I am guessing that if they actually checked. The people that were working together to systematically raise the prices of the generic drugs. Were the same ones that did the same thing at the drug companies when they had patents on a particular drug. I hope these law suits go through. I also hope that they hurt these people financially as well as spending time in prison. Unfortunately I doubt this will happen.

Jim

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those Who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Two situations that I believe , should be investigated;

1) Pharmaceutical prices...We the American taxpayers, pay much for R & D....but then we find when the drug is produced taxpayers of other countries get a much better deal on drug prices than we who paid for much of the R & D get.

short time ago I needed an antibiotic..I got 7 little orange pills which cost me $105 What in blazes are those little pills made of..solid platinum? ...And that is small, compared to what I have heard some folks pay for their pills.

2) Higher education costs.. Here is a racket that puts young people in debt for much of their lives. I checked with several community colleges on the web..tuitions for in state students run from $2,000+ to $10,000

National average tuition $27,755..

I checked with Liberty U. ..tuition runs $21, 292, a far cry from many other Universities. Liberty U. accepts NO government funds. Thus no government dictating how/what hey teach.

Hillsdale college, take no government money..tuition$25,540.

excellent school, that concentrate on education...rather than indoctrination.

The College of the Ozarks has a work-while-you-learn program, where the students work..which pays their tuition, and they graduate debt free..and Hillsdale accepts NO government funds.... no government dictation.

So, why are others so costly ? Personally, I think it is because both big pharma and big education have very effective LOBBYISTS..

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)

Last edited by ironglow; 05-14-2019 at 10:19 AM.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:17 PM

In our system of "free enterprise", one would always hope that competition would keep the gouging down, but apparently that is not so much the case on prescription drugs. Problems such as this are at least part of the reason we have lawmakers. I'm not advocating that these lawmakers run wild with their power, but you would think that something in business licenses could address the issue.

These business people who do get bitten by the greedy bug, should have their day in court and maybe lose their business license and maybe pay a fine, but I really don't want to house and feed these people.

I once read somewhere that the federal government actually either funds, or directly develops a majority of the prescription drugs and medications. To the extent that that might be true, you would think our federal government would long ago have taken the lead on keeping prices reasonable. In any case, wherever it can be shown that the feds had any part in funding, or developing these drugs, the price should never be allowed to exceed what the cost for them is in other countries.

Swingem

Last edited by magooch; 05-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
In our system of "free enterprise", one would always hope that competition would keep the gouging down, but apparently that is not so much the case on prescription drugs. Problems such as this are at least part of the reason we have lawmakers. I'm not advocating that these lawmakers run wild with their power, but you would think that something in business licenses could address the issue.

These business people who do get bitten by the greedy bug, should have their day in court and maybe lose their business license and maybe pay a fine, but I really don't want to house and feed these people.

I once read somewhere that the federal government actually either funds, or directly develops a majority of the prescription drugs and medications. To the extent that that might be true, you would think our federal government would long ago have taken the lead on keep prices reasonable. In any case, wherever it can be shown that the feds had any part in funding, or developing these drugs, the price should never be allowed to exceed what the cost for them is in other countries.
As I mentioned earlier... Perhaps the drug companies would be investigated...were it not for matches made in heII..
LOBBYISTS and POLITICIANS !

..And the costly universities..we know that the ivy leagues, for instance, have enough endowment money salted away, that they would never have to charge any tuitions. ..But STILL charge very costly tuition and STILL accept millions from the government.

https://www.thedp.com/article/2017/0...gue-tax-report

Why is our government still giving them our tax money?

Last edited by ironglow; 05-14-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

60 Minutes on Sunday evening interviewed the AG of Connecticut who reported on that State's law suit against three of the biggest generic drug Mfg's. They showed a tiny but compelling portion of the evidence. About time to break up the Monopoly and Racketeering conspiring to set prices rather than competing in the marketplace. About time to hit Big Pharma in the middle of their stinking face.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
60 Minutes on Sunday evening interviewed the AG of Connecticut who reported on that State's law suit against three of the biggest generic drug Mfg's. They showed a tiny but compelling portion of the evidence. About time to break up the Monopoly and Racketeering conspiring to set prices rather than competing in the marketplace. About time to hit Big Pharma in the middle of their stinking face.
..But here is why there is little chance of bringing big pharma to a point of charging what is honest.

Senators taking $$$ from big pharma;
https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...=Y&sortorder=U

House members taking $$$ from big pharma;
https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...=Y&sortorder=U

Last edited by ironglow; 05-14-2019 at 04:45 PM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

2016 big pharma contributions to presidential candidates..a CNN report;

https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/healt...ics/index.html

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Default Wo took big money from the colleges & universities?

Take a look..

First chart tells how much was given to Democrats vs Republicans (Dems blue...Reps red)

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...us.php?ind=W04

Then scroll down to "TOP RECIPIENTS". see which individuals took big money..

click onto "see more" names of who all the recipients are.

Sweet racket going there..give them billions of our tax dollars..receive millions back in "campaign contributions"..

Last edited by ironglow; 05-14-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page