Pit bulls can be tough.. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Default Pit bulls can be tough..

..But sometimes they bite off a bit more than they can chew...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kvBMJ_1558234284

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Dee

Well, it wasn't as quick as a shotgun, but it seemed to work.
As stupid as a pit is, he didn't know any better.
I am not a lover of pitbulls, and have shot more that a few, but lettin a pitbull move in on a tiger that was chained up, called for a good ass whuppin for the trash that allowed it, and would have been more entertaining to watch. .

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 05-22-2019 at 09:56 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:16 AM

No matter who tries to tell me that pits are really only as bad as their owners, they still give me the creeps. Good kitty.

Swingem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:39 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Back in the late 70s we had a retired security guard in our town that raised Pit Bulls and he bred them to be guard dogs. He had them on heavy chains in his back yard. His main stud dog was a sight to behold and the way that he hit the end of the chain when someone walked by was enough to put fear into the heart of anyone. That was then and this is now but back then him having those dogs was tolerated. On one occasion a black lab got loose from it's owner and went to visit that stud dog. The lab was dead with in seconds.

Then a college professor from the mid east moved in down the street. He brought with him his Kangal Shepherd. One day Mr. Dale's stud Pit Bull got loose and killed several neighborhood dogs. Then it wound up in the back yard of the college professor and met it's match. The Kangal's legs were badly chewed on but the throat of the pit bull was gone.

A month after the pit bulls demise I was splicing telephone cable in the alley where the Kangal was tied. I spoke to him and he wagged his tail like he was happy to see me. I approached him with caution but he had no inkling of menace in his appearance. I played with that big brute my whole lunch hour. His owner came home while I was playing with him and told me that he was gentle and loved everyone and every other dog unless they seriously threatened him or his family.

So as is true with people, it is always poetic justice(even with dogs) when the bully gets handed his ass by the gentle giant that he shouldn't have screwed with!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:42 AM

Kangals are also used for fighting in Raghead countries.

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

"His owner came home while I was playing with him and told me that he was gentle and loved everyone and every other dog unless they seriously threatened him or his family."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

I used to raise and hunt Airedales, the above description closely describes the Airedales...and they can hold their own with any other dog .

I also raised, hunted and competed with Jack Russells...a lot of power and grit in a small package there..

Those Kangals are tough and HUGE !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM

that didn't look like a pit bull to me .
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:19 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

IG, when I was a kid my grandpa on mom's side had two course hair Jack Russells. They were just farm dogs to him but they were always dragging home dead raccoons. I used to take them up in his big dairy barn and turn them loose. If there was a coon or rat in that hay loft then they were dead meat. We also crawled under the grainery, climbed in the crib and anywhere else where they might encounter a critter to kill. One of my favorite things to do was shell corn. Now-a-day the combines shell it as it's harvested but back when I was a kid it was stored in the crib on the cob and shelling it was another step. There were always rats in the corn crib and when I started raking the corn to the elevator the rats would try to escape the crib. Those two Jack Russells had a field day killing rats. The neighbors were all glad to let me eradicate their barns/corn cribs with Buddy and Holly as well.

Those two dogs are part of my fondest kid memories. They would roll in every stinking thing that they could find so I'd dunk them in the cattle tank and dry them off with an old gunny sack and they were then fit for sleeping in the feather bed that night with me. Both sets of grandparents were farmers and I'd ride my bike ten miles from town out to the one or 5 miles to the other every weekend just so I could do my thing with Buddy and Holly at one grandpa's or Tuffy(Border Collie) and TJ(Half border Collie and something else...Coyote?) at the other's farm.

Sure glad that I didn't have an Ipod to ruin my childhood.....I had it made!

I can't imagine not having a dog....never been with out at least one.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
"His owner came home while I was playing with him and told me that he was gentle and loved everyone and every other dog unless they seriously threatened him or his family."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

I used to raise and hunt Airedales, the above description closely describes the Airedales...and they can hold their own with any other dog .

I also raised, hunted and competed with Jack Russells...a lot of power and grit in a small package there..

Those Kangals are tough and HUGE !

I told my wife to get a giant Airedale after I die as a guard dog.
She'd sure be safe in the house.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I told my wife to get a giant Airedale after I die as a guard dog.
She'd sure be safe in the house.
Of course there are exceptions, but normally an Airedale is not aggressive with people..and is in fact, if anything, is normally aloof with strangers. They can however, be "territorial" with other dogs.

Normally, they don't have to be trained to be protective of the family they "own".. Anybody who would raise a hand toward any of their family members, would find a quick response.

My stud JR did kill coon larger than himself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page