Some things require being in the right frame of thought! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!
Default Some things require being in the right frame of thought!

The trigger in my new Ruger Bisley 22 is the worst that I have ever experienced in a single action revolver. So I stopped out to Brownells and bought trigger shims, hammer shims(it needs both) and a Wolf spring kit. I already have stones to polish up the sear engagement.

I had a frustrating day yesterday. I was doing fire extinguisher inspections in a grade school. I turned the corner to see a first grader unattended while jumping up and down on the top of a water fountain. I plucked him off of there and sat him on the ground. He then called me every cuss word that I have ever heard an a few that I hadn't heard. The Para Professional that is suppose to keep reigns on this kid was around the corner and came to my aid.....I thought. She proceeded to chew me out for upsetting the kid and informed me that I was not trained in the proper technique on physically handling a child. I said," lady I have raised 4 children and have 13 grand children and if I caught any of them jumping up and down on a water fountain in your presence then you would get schooled in the proper way to handle children."" Besides where were you and all of your expertise?" "Maybe you are right, I should have just walked away and let that kid do a face plant on the marble floor." "You know let nature sort it all out." "Where would that leave you?"

I met with the Principal who I have known for a while before I left the building. We have a good working relationship. He thanked me and asked me,"Was that Para on her phone again when this happened?" I said, "I didn't see her talking on the phone but she was putting it away when she came around the corner to raise Cain with me." She put her own tit in the wringer on this one!

Anyway last night my frame of mind wasn't conducive to tearing my Bisley apart it was more lined up with splitting some firewood so I did. Maybe tonight on the Bisley!

A parting thought! We wonder how it is that kids are growing up to be school shooters. I got a first hand look yesterday! It's because they are given the upper hand when they are but 7 years old. They are the shot callers in many situations. Then all of a sudden when they are a little older and laws start applying to them they go off the deep end in a bigger way.......but it started when they were little and should have been stopped then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:06 AM

Gun Cabinet

It would be good for kids to start to “face plant” now rather than later. The school of hard knocks doesn’t seem to be popular anymore.

Hope the trigger job goes smoothly and is the silver lining to the end of your week.

People do not like to think.
If one thinks, one must reach conclusions.
Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
It would be good for kids to start to “face plant” now rather than later. The school of hard knocks doesn’t seem to be popular anymore.

Hope the trigger job goes smoothly and is the silver lining to the end of your week.
I think all 4 of my kids burnt a finger on the wood stove but I don't remember any of them doing it twice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

As an aside, I was perplexed and asked my boss of 10+ years (at the time) who aspired to be Law Enforcement? He said I already knew...the bullies that were always in trouble in school. They didn't fit into other business categories and after graduation, when there wasn't any work for them, they gravitated to law enforcement.

I know some fine teachers (unfortunately many of them are staunch Democrats). I have a family full of them. My mother was both teacher and Democrat. She used to admonish me for being an NRA (Life) Member - a knuckle dragger she called me. Ha! Did I have fun with that!

Well, I was already a well schooled and up and coming registered Professional Engineer (a mathematician by another name). She raised me. My father was my example (a Mechanical Engineer/Department Head and the top of his trade). So, she really had no leg to stand on in that name calling.

We could not talk politics. It was too difficult for her to accept the cold hard facts of the truth. Her heart would not allow her head to accept the truth.

As an Adult Ed teacher she wanted to "save" everyone, "aid" everyone, "teach" everyone, "reach" everyone. Most of her students, welfare Democrats, had abandoned education in their formative years. Later in life they "miraculously" arrived at the conclusion that without education there was no future. So they returned as adults to struggle through what they should have / could have learned easily in their youth.

I will give her and them credit for their Moxy, drive, determination, and stick-to-it-ivness. Those that passed went on to become real Citizens and got off of welfare. Those that failed, well, they didn't have far to fall.

Now, when Mom and Dad retired in 1990 to the far western mountains of North Carolina, the very mountainside of Eric Rudolph - 1996 Atlanta Olympics pipe bomber - (they didn't know) she asked me to bring one of my revolvers to her home, shoot it around the property quite a bit, and to leave it for her and my Dad should there be any intruders (the FBI had gone through their detached garage SEVEN times by then).

She got the 45 ACP Ruger with 7.5 inch barrel and its "Thunder Boomer" report. She didn't like to shoot it, but I don't believe she would have had any qualms about pointing at someone (Eric Rudolph for certain) and pulling that trigger.

Funny how circumstances play a large part in the lives of Democrats (they're both gone now)...I miss you Mom - particularly on Mother's Day.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 02:18 PM

sadly, it's not just the children of today who will give you what for for protecting them from themselves...many of the children of yesterday, the adults, are now accusing their parents of abuse for being simple disciplinarians. these are adults (supposedly) that were raised in such a way that they should know better, but liberal 101 seeped into their heads, and common sense left!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeltner View Post
sadly, it's not just the children of today who will give you what for for protecting them from themselves...many of the children of yesterday, the adults, are now accusing their parents of abuse for being simple disciplinarians. these are adults (supposedly) that were raised in such a way that they should know better, but liberal 101 seeped into their heads, and common sense left!
For certain. After all it can't be their fault as that would mean they had to be responsible for their own actions. We need to cull the sheep!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:45 PM

My wife's last day in the school system in this coming Thursday.
She said today's kids are one the reasons for an early retirement.

Now she can order me around 24 hrs per day. Thanks a lot, rotten kids.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page