People And Their Cats - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:16 PM

Gun Cabinet

Their feathers make good fly tying material or feathers on ladies hats.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:17 PM

I've been in homes with dogs that smell worse than cat boxes. My cat gets a weekly bath if he wants it or not, his box is cleaned everyday and gets his monthly flea treatments. He comes to his name, only jumps in my lap when invited, has never been seen on tables or counters and has his own chair. Nothing I hate worse is having a dog jump up on me, one that rolls in feces and dead animals, humps your leg and slobbers all over you. I guess I am not a dog lover.
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrallen51 View Post
I've been in homes with dogs that smell worse than cat boxes. My cat gets a weekly bath if he wants it or not, his box is cleaned everyday and gets his monthly flea treatments. He comes to his name, only jumps in my lap when invited, has never been seen on tables or counters and has his own chair. Nothing I hate worse is having a dog jump up on me, one that rolls in feces and dead animals, humps your leg and slobbers all over you. I guess I am not a dog lover.
I had a friend who due to not bathing his dog and letting sleep lay anywhere, like an old can of mink oil for shoes sitting on a hot water heater.
I do not mind dogs that jump up on me but dogs that smell, if you pet them make your hand smell.
I much prefer people who bring their pets into stores over those who bring their snot-faced screaming children with them.

I have had from two to four cats in the house for decades.
They get a bath from one to four times a year; when it is shedding they absolutely get one but I brush them in between baths.

If you clean the cat litter every day and totally change it once a month you will not smell it.
Now my sig. had a niece who only cleaned it several time a week, that is moronic and such people should not be allowed to have cat, or actually any pet.
Both dogs I had Poodle hair so shedding was no problem

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
I read some time back that some woman brought her peacock to the airport as her therspy pet so how would you like to be stuck on a 737 for 3 hours with it sitting perched on the back of a seat screaming its head off, they sound like a woman screaming.

Deaconllb
The Air Force used peacocks for awhile to alert the sentries to anything going on around a large fenced
in compound they would be guarding. I don't know if they still do, those things scream like a banshie.

Last edited by Argent11; 05-26-2019 at 09:55 AM.
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:55 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Are they good to eat? Like maybe a turkey?
[I ate them in the RVN but I can't remember how they tasted. Musta been okay since I did it more then once.

Usually my door gunner would pick one off with his M60. I dropped a 40mm grenade from a launcher right underneath one; from above as it flew away. It just rocked it's wings and kept on flying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
The best pet I ever had was a cat. It was sometimes difficult to know whether I was the cat's human, or if he was my cat, ... If I was working on a project in my shop, ... the cat was there supervising. If I was sitting in my chair ... he was right there in my lap. Even at night ... he had to sleep right between my legs. The saddest day of my life was when we had to have him put down.
Sounds just like my cat, now deceased... The only thing he cared for as much as me was our Great Pyr.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265 (2).jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	230876  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0247.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	984.5 KB
ID:	230878  

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
The Air Force used peacocks for awhile to alert the sentries to anything going on around a large fenced
in compound they would be guarding. I don't know if they still do, those things scream like a banshie.
They should have used guinea hens as good a sentry as a peacock..just as loud..and a lot cheaper.. Plus, they roost up in the trees, where trespassers can't get at them.

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
They should have used guinea hens as good a sentry as a peacock..just as loud..and a lot cheaper.. Plus, they roost up in the trees, where trespassers can't get at them.

We had guineas when I was a kid and I don't recall ever having fox trouble in the hen house.
They roosted about 30ft behind the hen house and were loud enough to raise the dead.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post

We had guineas when I was a kid and I don't recall ever having fox trouble in the hen house.
They roosted about 30ft behind the hen house and were loud enough to raise the dead.
I heard they're hard on snakes to.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I heard they're hard on snakes to.
Anything that's hard on snakes.
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Dee

How do guineas feel about cats? I might get 2 or 3.😁

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page