What individual states can do.. - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ironglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: rural southwestern N.Y. State
Posts: 39,740
Default What individual states can do..

Individual states can enact a couple laws, which will help the illegal entry situation.

Not all states are anxious to welcome the invaders, so the red states should do this;


1) Pass a law that businesses must affirm that anyone they hire is a citizen or has papers to show that they are a legal immigrant.

2) Pass a law that non-citizens do not collect welfare , food stamps etc.

So, what does that do?

Well, the illegals will soon catch on, that if they want to be hired, or want the freebies, they will have to migrate to a state run by liberals.

They wanted them, they can have them...

.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
.
ironglow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 21,376
Default

It has already been tried in 2007 the state of Oklahoma passed such a law.
It was immediately challenged by the state chamber of Commerce and claimed that the state of Oklahoma was passing immigration law off onto employers.
It was partially settled in 2010 but much of its teeth were removed.
It also included laws against renting housing, or even transporting illegals in the state.
The city of Tulsa lost about 10,000 in population in a matter of 7 to 8 days when the law was first put into effect. Then came the court challenge in the 10th Circuit.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 2,667
Default

They got our laws figured out . I was in our county courthouse a few months back, standing in line to renew driver s licence and a young white girl an a older Mexican were in the next line over getting a marriage license . Come to find out later that these Mexican men negotiate a price to pay to get these American women to marry them . They tie the knot ,then go their separate ways .
mcbammer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ironglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: rural southwestern N.Y. State
Posts: 39,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
It has already been tried in 2007 the state of Oklahoma passed such a law.
It was immediately challenged by the state chamber of Commerce and claimed that the state of Oklahoma was passing immigration law off onto employers.
It was partially settled in 2010 but much of its teeth were removed.
It also included laws against renting housing, or even transporting illegals in the state.
The city of Tulsa lost about 10,000 in population in a matter of 7 to 8 days when the law was first put into effect. Then came the court challenge in the 10th Circuit.
Sad, but in some ways, those greedy business men are among our worst enemies.. And as Mcbammer pointed out, some greedy citizens don't deserve the citizenship they have

..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
.

Last edited by ironglow; 06-06-2019 at 06:51 AM.
ironglow is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Senior Member
 
bugeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Morrow Ga.
Posts: 18,008
Default

Yes, hiring an illegal should be illegal. Should be a felony.
And of course no "freebies."

That would solve the crisis at the border.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
bugeye is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ironglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: rural southwestern N.Y. State
Posts: 39,740
Default

One thing we should keep in mind, for every dollar paid to an American worker, probably 95% stays here in America;

while of every dollar paid to a sneak in alien worker, probably between 50% and 85%..leaves the country for central or south America.

.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
.
ironglow is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Sandhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Nebraska sandhills
Posts: 2,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Individual states can enact a couple laws, which will help the illegal entry situation.

Not all states are anxious to welcome the invaders, so the red states should do this;


1) Pass a law that businesses must affirm that anyone they hire is a citizen or has papers to show that they are a legal immigrant.

2) Pass a law that non-citizens do not collect welfare , food stamps etc.

So, what does that do?

Well, the illegals will soon catch on, that if they want to be hired, or want the freebies, they will have to migrate to a state run by liberals.

They wanted them, they can have them...

.

You forgot a big one IG. No drivers license
Sandhillbilly is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbammer View Post
They got our laws figured out . I was in our county courthouse a few months back, standing in line to renew driver s licence and a young white girl an a older Mexican were in the next line over getting a marriage license . Come to find out later that these Mexican men negotiate a price to pay to get these American women to marry them . They tie the knot ,then go their separate ways .
They were doing that here, until a judge started enforcing the bigamy laws. Some of those girls were still married to a couple of other men, often in other states. Computer records and information between states helped with that.
Argent11 is online now  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ironglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: rural southwestern N.Y. State
Posts: 39,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
They were doing that here, until a judge started enforcing the bigamy laws. Some of those girls were still married to a couple of other men, often in other states. Computer records and information between states helped with that.
They ought to take both those women and their illegal benefactors, and ship them both off to a jungle hut ..somewhere in south America !

.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
.
ironglow is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
They ought to take both those women and their illegal benefactors, and ship them both off to a jungle hut ..somewhere in south America !

.
Even when one of those girls dropped a kid she was still charged with bigamy. Suspended sentence but
she was placed on probation for a year. That District Judge over in Carlsbad is a real hard nose about
this. He became fed up with all these internet daters doing this kind of crap.
Argent11 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome