Graybeard Outdoors banner

emoji's in posts

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  bugeye 
#1 · (Edited)
I see a lot of hieroglyphics posted rather than the intended emoji. Perhaps the emoji posted is not supported by the GBO VS software, but that is supposition on my part.

GBO has a menu of emoji's that are supported. I suppose we can petition for more, if that suits the Membership. The users of emoji's that do not post should start a request in the Administration "Forum Support Team to Tech".

Seeing the hieroglyphics in a post does nothing of interest for me, but I could just be being curmudgeonly this morning...:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Jim...you and me both. I thought it was emoji's but never really investigated until this morning. Now I know for certain. Still I don't like seeing the unsupported ones and hope those that use them will request Tech support.

#7 ·
It's called a Grawlix, scrambled letters and symbols which means "profanity."
They have nothing to do with emojis. :)

#9 ·
Not true bug. When I do it you can count on it being a Grawlix as you call it. I have checked on dee’s who I know you are referring too and his are emoji’s... I thought the same at one time and out of curiosity did a search. I was wrong. Please don’t tell my wife she will mark it on the calendar...

#15 ·
I'm gonna check it out.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.