this rolling red plate will gather no sand any more only 2 308 slugs 350 yards away - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default this rolling red plate will gather no sand any more only 2 308 slugs 350 yards away

swiss k11 308 sporter open sites seem to be on now, that red commie looking plate to me is not coming to my house on the dinner table for dinner for sure hit it twice . now my taurus pt 92 had another stove pipe 7th shot in video of it this has happein a few times in the past also, so i just punch the pin out of the slide today removed it for the extractor and found it had a burr on the end of it, that goes into the rim of the case thus causing it to not enter fully and grab hold, i file it flat flush and reasemble it seems to extract good now with full bullets running it through it from the mag will test it soon to find out for sure

Last edited by sagia308; 07-09-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

the two hits are to the right, the other hole is were i stuck it into a twigg bush to hold in in the wind the 155 gr amax disinagrated flated out big time you see. and the 180 gr speer seem to say together more after hitting the sand
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

my pt 92 extractor looked sharper at the end edge the lip that goes into the rim then this one online here

that is more flat here mine was pointed more now its more flat after filing it some so i bet it will grab the rim better

Last edited by sagia308; 07-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:08 PM

No fare using red target. Doesn't that almost equal a red dot sight? Anyway, that's mighty awesome shooting.

My 308 VEPR put three in a row in the same hole dead center in the 1" bullseye at 160 yards, but that was with a scope--kneeling, not resting on a bench. I quit and don't think I've ever shot the gun since.

Swingem
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
No fare using red target. Doesn't that almost equal a red dot sight? Anyway, that's mighty awesome shooting.

My 308 VEPR put three in a row in the same hole dead center in the 1" bullseye at 160 yards, but that was with a scope--kneeling, not resting on a bench. I quit and don't think I've ever shot the gun since.
is that the 20.5 inch barrel on it or the extended 23 inch
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:10 AM

Well thanks for that question. I had to go dig through and find the VEPR. I'm not sure what barrel it is, but the rifle measures 42.5". Just guessing, but where the chamber is, I think it might be the 23 inch. Anyway, it was the standard rifle at the time I ordered it. What a nice piece of work. Mine has all the Walnut furniture etc.

Swingem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page