Brownells - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Default Brownells

Stopped off at their brick and mortar location today while traveling through Iowa. Not sure what I expected - I went in like a kid on their first trip to Disneyland, but didn't leave feeling the same way. No one said so much as boo to me the whole time. They had a very nicely appointed living room area for the wives I guess; there were 3 there when we walked in, and my wife joined them. They had a pretty nice collection of firearms, but not much more than what you'd find at a good sized gun store - although they were all out for you to fondle. The other stuff was the sort of stuff you'd find at any other gun store I guess - no rip roaring deals. Lots of ammo, but either premium or bulk. Having just returned from 3 years overseas, I did walk very slowly through the guns, and managed to put my hands on several things I wanted to see. But after 20 minutes, I got a free cup of coffee and we got back on 80 east. I've given them a lot of money over the years, and will probably continue to do so. Just was sorta hoping for a more "magical" experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:52 PM

Hopefully the rest of your return stateside will be better. Nice to have you back this side of the pond...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Dee

Ditto on the welcome back home.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks gents, it’s been a long drive - 4000 miles so far. We’re slowing down as we get closer and stopping if we see something interesting and my wife saw the Brownells sign. It’s been a great trip seeing family although parts of ‘merica have been weird.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:58 AM

Welcome back TN and best of luck at your new posting. Sounds like a prestigious position. Good for you!

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page