Its 88 deg in my living room. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Default Its 88 deg in my living room.

It's 88 deg in my living room.

on: Today at 09:51:26 PM

Temp got up to 98 outside today, 88 inside. Been running a small AC a 14,000 btu, 3 floor fans and 2 ceiling fans all day. Good thing I got filled up on the oxygen today, really hard to breathe. Never been this bad in this ol house before. Several reports of pavement buckling from the heat. That ol AC does all it can, just isn't enough. Keep cool guys. CHARLIE. Shocked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:57 PM

Man!!! That is tough in your world. We hit 102 with 73 dew point but my A/C kept up. If you were closer I would have you over to cool down. Hang in there.
GuzziJohn
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:10 PM

buy a couple bags of ice, throw them in a turkey roasting pan & put it on the floor in front of your box fan. when the air broke down at work that was their short term solution. I was surprised at how well it worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 PM
Dee

Linda has COPD the heat down here gives her a hard time also.
It's been 100 last two days, 98 today.
We keep it about 70-71 in the house so she can breath in this humidity down here.

Praying the what'll break for ya Charlie

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
It's 88 deg in my living room.

on: Today at 09:51:26 PM

Temp got up to 98 outside today, 88 inside. Been running a small AC a 14,000 btu, 3 floor fans and 2 ceiling fans all day. Good thing I got filled up on the oxygen today, really hard to breathe. Never been this bad in this ol house before. Several reports of pavement buckling from the heat. That ol AC does all it can, just isn't enough. Keep cool guys. CHARLIE. Shocked
Sorry to hear that Charlie! Praise God about the O2. Do you have access to a de-humidifier? We've been using them for a few years now, and they've helped alot.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:00 AM

Hang in there Charlie. There is a cold front coming through on Monday and the temps are suppose to be back down in the 70's here in Ohio. Maybe a little higher down by you. Like Guzz said, if you were close enough you could come here and hang out.

Jim

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those Who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:02 AM
Dee

One of those little 110 window units at Walmart are about $100.00.
If you put one of those in and shut off the rest of the house, it might give you some relief.
I don't really know your situation, but I feel for you.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
buy a couple bags of ice, throw them in a turkey roasting pan & put it on the floor in front of your box fan. when the air broke down at work that was their short term solution. I was surprised at how well it worked.

JON. I have done that years ago when Patty got sick from the heat. She thought I was nuts til I turned the fan on for her. We closed off a bdr and the back of the house, that should help.
It's been this hot before, must be the high humidity. Tomorrow will be better. The AC keeps freezing up even set on 72. I reckon it's getting some age on it. This heat and emphysema don't get along very well. Been getting twinges from my heart since this all came in. We can go to our Church if we need to. Thanks for the kind words and prayers. CHARLIE.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:24 AM

Good luck Charlie hope it cools down
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 AM

yup it gets in 90s a few times a year here. Yesterday was one of them. Nice thing here though is unlike when I lived in the south it last for a day or two not a month or two. So muggy yesterday that I sprayed duracoat on an ar15 stock and 10 hours later it was still tacky. Usually there dry to touch in less then 2 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstegjas View Post
Hang in there Charlie. There is a cold front coming through on Monday and the temps are suppose to be back down in the 70's here in Ohio. Maybe a little higher down by you. Like Guzz said, if you were close enough you could come here and hang out.

Jim

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page