For those who try to find propaganda videos.. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Default For those who try to find propaganda videos..

For those who seek out foreign propaganda videos that purport to show OUR military as somehow inferior in armaments..sorry to break your bubble..

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/soldier...-drone-attacks

..And here is a force multiplier..even in the hands of a klutz.

https://www.slashgear.com/darpas-sel...rget-12337123/

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 07-24-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:22 PM

Never count out our military.

I want one of those exacto rifles.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:56 PM
TM7

I don't think there's a problem with supplying enough geewillikers high tech hardware.

The problem is finding replacements for personnel who are burned out after chasing wars around the globe for the last 22 years. These replacements must be physically fit, drug free, kinda mentally balanced and somewhat educated and with cleaner criminal records.

That creates a bit of a problem finding 18 to 24 year olds in modern America that meet that criteria.

So DoD is considering lowering the enlistment age to 16. And highly probable in full national emergency draft age will be 16. Good luck to drill instructors and junior officers baby sitting such a force.
.TM7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
I don't think there's a problem with supplying enough geewillikers high tech hardware.

The problem is finding replacements for personnel who are burned out after chasing wars around the globe for the last 22 years. These replacements must be physically fit, drug free, kinda mentally balanced and somewhat educated and with cleaner criminal records.

That creates a bit of a problem finding 18 to 24 year olds in modern America that meet that criteria.

So DoD is considering lowering the enlistment age to 16. And highly probable in full national emergency draft age will be 16. Good luck to drill instructors and junior officers baby sitting such a force.
.TM7
I was 17 when I went in and my boot was up the arse of my supposed elderly qualifiers... We are not all cut from the same mold...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:17 PM

I too was 17 when I joined, but I sure as heck didn't join up with the hope of doing hand to hand with some silly enemy. I absolutely am against any kind of person to person combat. The notion of that kind of warfare is stupid--especially now with the technology that we and others have.

I was told that the Chinese have tiny drones that are preprogramed to search out and identify individual people. They are armed with a bomb big enough to eliminate the target. The identifiers can be facial features, or anything else that distinguishes the enemy from the launchers.

I sure hope we have, or are working on the same stuff, but it's all the more reason why our weapons should be of the nature that can eliminate the enemy completely from afar. No war should last more than fifteen minutes. Further, there should be nothing left to rebuild.

Swingem
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

As Mule said..we are not all cut from the same cloth! ..BUt of course, TM said much the same thing, albeit a bit more cynical, when he said there may be trouble finding good recruits.

Among 18-24 year olds, I happen to know some very good candidates, although there are as many who are losers.

That is one reason why the recruitment bonuses are going up, up and up ! That's OK, since those willing to serve today deserve it !

Perhaps they can get at least 4 years college, and maybe a bit of help with their first home..

Much rather give them the bennies, rather than to keep forking money over to illegals...or lazybones!

...But perhaps it could be a way for an illegal to become legal !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 07-25-2019 at 03:03 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:38 AM
TM7

IG...

Not me 'cynically' saying anything other than what DoD and various experts have reported. Let's face it, its a different world from when we were kids. Alot of the 18 to 24 yr olds use drugs, are somewhat obese, 10 to 20% have criminal records and many don't know what bathroom to use. The 16 year old demographic hasn't had time to be as corrupted. But the issue becomess if we want 'child' armies or not.
One possible solution is creation of immigrant mercenary forces.

Btw, I think the kind of war Magooch envisions would end up with America being universally condemned.
.TM7

Last edited by TM7; 07-25-2019 at 03:42 AM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
IG...

Not me 'cynically' saying anything other than what DoD and various experts have reported. Let's face it, its a different world from when we were kids. Alot of the 18 to 24 yr olds use drugs, are somewhat obese, 10 to 20% have criminal records and many don't know what bathroom to use. The 16 year old demographic hasn't had time to be as corrupted. But the issue becomess if we want 'child' armies or not.

Btw, I think the kind of war Magooch envisions would end up with America being universally condemned.
.TM7

You are correct, there is evidently a sizeable segment that would not qualify for our military. My view is perhaps slightly more of an optimist than many, simply because I move more in the evangelical Christian world, where drug use and personal fear may be a bit less common.

I believe however, if a young man or woman "keeps their nose clean" and is a straight shooter (no pun intended)..they should be offered a commensurate reward for serving honorably. That reward to include bonuses, college tuition etc.

The fact that Magooch did not want to face that hand-to-hand stuff, I suppose is not unusual. Going Navy or Air Force, rather than Army or Marines, would greatly raise the odds that one would not have to face any of the hand-to-hand stuff..

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:50 AM

My oldest daughter is stationed at Holloman AFB. She says a lot of kids her age are trying to get into the AF or the Navy.
But neither one of them will accept a GED anymore, and they are much more picky than they once were.
The local AF recruiter is saying they all come in there inquiring about the Space Force.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=TM7;2055920630]IG...

Yeah--as if we aren't already condemned until we give money, and that is only temporary.

I can't believe anyone would send our best and brightest to be butchered when we have the means to destroy the enemy by remote control.

Swingem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page