Graybeard Outdoors banner

A red flag law I could love

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Dee 
#1 ·
What I want to see in a Red Flag Law is some skin in the game for those 'accusing' the person being red flagged. So I propose that those making false claims of 'public danger' against someone to be guilty of a felony for a Civil Rights Crime with a mandatory sentence of 25 years, no parole. I think this would still allow family and friends to make claims that are valid and well documented, but would certainly stop any false claims based on simple hate or malicious swatting.

#3 ·
Putting someone away for most of their life (more likely accusing a male) over a temper tantrum gone bad and predictably a looney toons accusation that may someday be recanted is probably a bad idea for the 50% of the population (women) who think with their hearts and for sure the 25% of the population (democrat women) who are triggered by practically everything. Are we sure we want to incarcerate the better portion of about 8 million women?

#4 ·
Do we really want 25% of the population dictating who can and who cannot keep their Constitutionally protected Rights? And if those women are convicted felons upon release, they still won't be able to vote, so it's a two-fer. But I am persuaded that after the first few "false accusers" are convicted it will slow the temper tantrum accusations to almost nil, since most sane people, even angry women, prefer to exercise constraint rather than risk hard jail time.

And another beautiful aspect of the law would be that there is almost zero investigative work to do, the accuser's signature is on the original "false complaint".

#10 ·
A lot of women were doing that when Bill Clinton instituted those violence against women laws in the 1990s.
I don't know if those laws are even still around because of the farce they turned out to be. I think now they
are the Domestic violence laws where the Cops can take you both in. And arrest both of you.

#11 ·
What I want to see in a Red Flag Law is some skin in the game for those 'accusing' the person being red flagged. So I propose that those making false claims of 'public danger' against someone to be guilty of a felony for a Civil Rights Crime with a mandatory sentence of 25 years, no parole. I think this would still allow family and friends to make claims that are valid and well documented, but would certainly stop any false claims based on simple hate or malicious swatting.
The very idea that any new laws are needed shows just how idiotic public discourse is on the subject of mass shootings. There are already thousands of laws that address gun crimes. Adding a few more only serves to further undermine the confusing mess of laws we already have.
Agreed

#14 ·
The net result of any "Red Flag" law would be more bombs, knives, buicks, spears, sling shots, darts, bows and arrows, chainsaws, bats, hammers, fireplace pokers, golf clubs, lawn mowers and potato mortars being used and maybe fewer semi-auto rifles. In any case, it would not have stopped any of the known mass killing incidents. The dingbats were the cause of these incidents--not the chosen instrument. The only thing that might stop some of these mass killings is more armed citizens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.