Nothing ever works the the way it's supposed to. - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 05:54 PM

If it breaks again, just go surf the internet for cat videos and forget about keeping cool.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/majori...n-no-internet/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
I only studied Physics in high school and college. I didn't master it. This Bumble don't bounce and I am allergic to gravity my friend. Better to find a younger set of knees that can actually climb a straight ladder and I will keep my engineering comments to myself.

Dang it, you offered to help and I though I might get out of a few trips up the ladder this fall. I'm sure that when I start dismantling the thing this fall I'll have forgotten some tool or multiple tools that I'll need because nothing ever works as planned and I'll have to make more than one trip up and down the ladder. At least it's easy to get the thing down. Disconnect the water and wiring, lift it off the duct, and throw it off the roof.

The one and only time I fell off a ladder I didn't bounce either and it took months to get back to being my fiesty self. That was over twenty years ago and it was only a 4' step ladder and no, I wasn't on the top step.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

I was hanging Christmas lights on the gutters from the roof over the 2nd story. Peering over the edge where the house pad was elevated some 6-feet above water level in the pond it looked (and felt) every bit of the 30+ feet to the ground. I could feel gravity pulling me off of that roof. Right then I QUIT. Never again on a roof...except when it started to leak and that's another #$%&^! story. I would be very glad to hand you tools, assist in ways that don't require ladder or roof work, and duck when the swamp cooler is ejected from the roof, with PREJUDICE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Ha, I was putting lights on our front yard Christmas tree, a blue spruce, when I took my fall. Conclusion: Putting up Christmas lights is dangerous work. That little shenaggin finished my outside Christmas light hanging.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page