Why don't you identify as European American? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Default Why don't you identify as European American?

After all, if others are identifying themselves as African americans, why not do as they do?

Of course, we could be pedantic and point out that our species, Homo sapiens, originated in Africa, and then extended its range to Europe, thus making all of us African Americans. Putting a finer point on it, that means African Americans can pay reparations to themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
After all, if others are identifying themselves as African americans, why not do as they do?

Of course, we could be pedantic and point out that our species, Homo sapiens, originated in Africa, and then extended its range to Europe, thus making all of us African Americans. Putting a finer point on it, that means African Americans can pay reparations to themselves.

I think you need a hobby. On the other hand maybe this is your hobby.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 05:32 PM

Gun Cabinet

I don't identify as an Anglo Saxon, because I am comfortable within my own skin.

The wicked shall be turned into Hades, and all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. Psalm 9:17, 18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:56 PM

I'm a Scandinavian American and I can't help it if I'm white. I did really good in Iceland lol.

Last edited by Argent11; 08-17-2019 at 07:00 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 07:14 PM

We need more Vikings lol.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:30 PM

I never really understood all of that African American crap. If you were born in Africa and then came to America and became a citizen, then that I agree with. If you were born here, then you are an American only. Everyone is free to celebrate their heritage as they see fit. Just don't try and make more then it is and certainly don't try and extort money from your country because of it.

Jim

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those Who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:46 PM

I recently did the 23 and me dna background check and they said I'm mostly Neanderthal.

Guess I'm going to have to check the "Other" nationality box from now on and write in "Cave Man".

After all, I have the scientific proof.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post

Right ON, BRO!
I have been waiting a long time for some one to start using the term European American.

RR
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:13 AM

We fought a war in 1776 to become Americans. Iím not going back to the British isles and claim my ancestry. Iím a American and a citizen of the good old USA.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
We fought a war in 1776 to become Americans. Iím not going back to the British isles and claim my ancestry. Iím a American and a citizen of the good old USA.
I agree PastorP, that all seems very silly to me.

Interestingly enough, my mothers maiden name is Tudor. We have done a genealogy and our bloodline goes back to Henry the 8th of England. I wonder if I am due any inheritance ? I have gotten some fun out of it though. I have told my wife she needs to be nice to me because we all know what Ole Henry did to his wives. All she tells me is "Yeah right, you have to go to sleep some time".

Jim

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those Who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in