Reining in the Personal Attack Threads and Posts - Good Idea, but... - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Default Reining in the Personal Attack Threads and Posts - Good Idea, but...

Why not suspend account of the obvious offenders? That is the way of GB in the good old days, when this site flourished. I remember many guys who were correctly suspended from the site for far less offense than what has gone on recently. It was allowed to get out of hand and active membership has reflected that policy. Deleting or freezing posts is a good start, but why the soft hand approach? I've fallen away from it, but always check back in routinely hoping to see it regain strength to what it was. GB has a great base and hopefully can get back to what it used to be.

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:19 AM

I agree.

I liked Graybeards policy of, and I paraphrase, I'll do whatever I see fit and do it without explanation. It worked.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:24 AM

I’m all in for that
And if they feel I was a Cause
Well it happens
Not the way I want to go
Would rather it on my own terms
But rules are rules

Hope this thread stands

I am really bothered that I thought the new owners where allowing and keeping it open

It festered on and on
Then when LO deleted and closed things
I honestly was upset to think he let. The 2.5 members get enough people engaged without any reprimanding
As I said in a post recently I knew if it was old GBO I would have been warned at First post
But I also know I wouldn’t have gone that route
If the moderators in question weren’t so pompous
If this stays
Thanks for the time
Tommyt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Was kind of hoping for an explanation from a mod. I believe most members would appreciate an explanation of the shift in disciplinary action from little to no tolerance to inmates running the asylum... IF it's out of your control so be it. I guess their silence logically points in that direction...

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:16 PM

the change came from bill going from the owner to the administrator after he sold the fourm. Now he has an owner that decides what he will allow on HIS fourm. What you have to keep in mind is this isn't your fourm or our fourm its a business and nothing more. Post counts mean advertiser dollars. If the profit stops this fourm goes away period. There not running it for fun and comradery. You and I have absolutely no rights here. Our opinions on what should be allowed or who should be allowed are worth absolutely nothing. We come her as a privilege and its a privilege that can be taken away at any time for any reason. From a moderator as well as a non moderator. I think with bill it was started as a fun project. The new owner is a business man period. Don't think though that bill isn't still capable of banning people. It just not him kicking people out of his own house now it someone elses house. He isn't moraly responsible for the content .
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
Was kind of hoping for an explanation from a mod. I believe most members would appreciate an explanation of the shift in disciplinary action from little to no tolerance to inmates running the asylum... IF it's out of your control so be it. I guess their silence logically points in that direction...

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

tommyt (and ALL others) - you believe "I let" the other threads get out of hand? That's interesting. You want to ask Bill to allow you to do the job yourself or will you continue to take shots at me?

Do I need to remind you that I too am a member here, Moderating is a volunteer position. I check in when it is convenient during my day. When I check in, I don't read every post. I don't moderate in every forum.

If I find one of the threads is "out of control" and the boys are banging on each other, I take action. The action I take is different from what you expect? Then you take shots at me for not moderating sooner.

I ask ALL of you if it had gotten "so bad", why do you DO NOTHING about reporting the thread(s)?

Are you ALL not moderators of your own behavior and that of the forums? You have to have a stand up guy to throw darts at in order to wash your own hands?

I have many more important things to do in my day than to hold your hands, make posters walk in single file, and keep the internet bullies apart from one another. Any time you think you can do better, or fill in the coverage gaps when I am not here, then STEP UP or SHUT UP. I am not immune to criticism but from your position of weakness, I listen but do not hear you...

MODERATE YOURSELVES within the GBO Rules. I am not your Mother! Thread closed.

I have created a sticky at the top of this forum that was created in 2011 when the same problems were occurring. Please read it https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-po...oderating.html

Last edited by land_owner; 08-25-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page