Dear Landowner - Graybeard Outdoors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to gene_225
Default Dear Landowner

While I admit some dis-ease with some postings here, this used to be the United States of America where free speach was permitted. Your dispicable action and comments leave me no choice but to request that I be permanently banned from GBO. NOW! Thanks for your "consideration."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:53 AM

Oh cut it out gene. You're one of the best people here. The problem is consistently a few posters that drag the whole forum down. I'd like to see a situation where Argent11 and Lloyd Smale can contribute constructively, but they have a recent history that is an obvious detriment to the forum. Hopefully they'll be on a probationary status and not banned outright.

And like someone else said, if I'm too much of a problem, then I don't mind being banned or reprimanded if it will improve the quality of the forum.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:13 AM

Personally, from a new member's perspective, I applaud landowners action. As to free speech, there is no federal government here, so speech can be curtailed if it goes against established rules, and it has. I have seen the back and forth between some individuals and both sides are to blame, I've also seen the posts that have been started for no other purpose than to bait the other side into a verbal fight. There are ways to discuss your viewpoints without letting it get personal, because once you do, both sides have lost. I came here when I got my H&R rifles, for some info, but I liked the place so stuck around. I'm not one to quit, so there will be no running me off unless I'm banned, but I will definitely go into lurker status with some of these posts.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene_225 View Post
While I admit some dis-ease with some postings here, this used to be the United States of America where free speach was permitted. Your dispicable action and comments leave me no choice but to request that I be permanently banned from GBO. NOW! Thanks for your "consideration."

Gene,

That was uncalled for and in my opinion despicable. Richard has been an excellent moderator in the forums that he has been asked to look over. He asked nothing more than the rules set forth by Bill be followed. His dealings with the posters who break the rules has been fair and just without being heavy handed. I have to my knowledge had one post of mine deleted and Richard was the moderator who deleted it. He was absolutely correct in doing so and explained his reasons to me in a PM. I apologized to him for forcing him to do so. I have enjoyed every interaction I have had with him on this forum and have spoke to him on the phone several times at length and enjoyed every one of our conversations. Richard is not the problem! The problem is the personal attacks which have become prevalent! I am as guilty as anybody here and need to curb my natural inclinations to be combative. As I told Richard one time I have the right to remain silent I just apparently lack the ability! Not sure what comedian I stole that line from but it describes me to a T. I need to do better and I am going to try to do better in the future.

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:31 PM
TM7

Gaslighting. Its called 'gaslighting' and a fair amount of it goes on in many forums here and elsewhere. Just need good trigger control when you're being gaslighted or trolled. That's why God gave us a skin.

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
Gaslighting. Its called 'gaslighting' and a fair amount of it goes on in many forums here and elsewhere. Just need good trigger control when you're being gaslighted or trolled. That's why God gave us a skin.

TM7,

Never heard it called that but sounds about right. Skin comment is right on.

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post

Not quite the same, but close...some seem to have lost their minds. But yes, having thick skin is a must it seems.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mega View Post
Not quite the same, but close...some seem to have lost their minds. But yes, having thick skin is a must it seems.
It's also called Dog pileing. As long as it's only you. If they start involving your family. That's a differant
matter. My wife was a real PITA I admit that and she got what she deserved. It should have been dropped
right there. But from what I've read, Johnny loco was elevated to a pervert hero status.

He should have been banned also. Some members here knew who she was, and I am NOT her.

Last edited by Argent11; 08-23-2019 at 02:33 PM.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:46 PM

Archives are a good thing to check out sometimes. This loco guy even attacked Bill, and some other moderators. Well now, loco did do me a favor, I was in Dallas living with my brother, no asylum Dee.
I wasn't reading this site back then and we were divorced. Pastrop and good shot know this,I was on
another site back then.

She asked me to come back home. She was terrified about some of the things this loco
was saying. She's seeing him, cooking for him? She left and took a job offshore because
of that.

Last edited by Argent11; 08-23-2019 at 03:04 PM.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
It's also called Dog pileing..
HMMMMM? And who ELSE might be guilty of that?

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page