Finally! Conan The Librarian Makes A Serious Post!!! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Default Finally! Conan The Librarian Makes A Serious Post!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trans...achel-mckinnon

This is a serious topic intended to encourage thought and discussion about a social issue that should bother anyone who competes in sports where men and women compete in different classes due to inherent differences between men and women.

Examples of women's sports being exploited by competitors who bulk up on steroids, falsify their gender, and now claim transgender status is nothing new. But the transgender thing bugs me because it openly discriminates against the people that the sport was created for: women. Cis-gendered women to be more trendy and precise. I.e., women who were female at birth.

Rachel McKinnon, who doesn't look like a woman and wasn't born female, and is six feet tall and weighs 200 pounds is one object of controversy. Why is "she" able to compete in women's sports? Is she cheating?

She's not cheating. She meets the qualifications as written in the rules of the sport, and she thus competes legally in her sports.

The rules are written to be inclusive, and there is much language in the rules of the different racing organizations about testosterone levels, treatments that a trans competitor must take before being eligible to compete, and so on. The rules put a significant burden on trans competitors to prevent casual participation by men in women's sports.

Here's the problem: The rule books are wrong. By codifying the definition of an eligible competitor in terms of acceptable transgender treatments, the rules explicitly and clearly discriminate against women.

I agree that a five foot five inch cis woman that takes ten years to develop top professional racing skills should feel cheated, and is being cheated. The rules cheat the women. McKinnon was able to develop equivalent skills in only a couple of years of training.

The bottom line is that the rules try to define what a woman is for the purpose of competition, and they got the rules wrong. And the racing bodies aren't admitting they got it wrong.

Last edited by conan the librarian; 10-22-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:40 AM

Unintended consequences, petard hoisting, reaping whatís been sown, etc.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Quiver View Post
Unintended consequences, petard hoisting, reaping whatís been sown, etc.

And a kind of blindness too. The racing organizations say that it's an intractable problem. They fail to see what they've done. I'd really like my daughter, or anyone's daughter by birth, be able to earn first place in serious competition.

Martina Navratilova got into a lot of trouble because of her "transphobic" comments, which were phrased about the same as my original post here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:29 PM

Women in womenís sports. Men in menís sports period. If women want to compete against men they should sign a waiver...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:08 PM

Yup. What do you propose to do about this?

Women's sports are being made a mockery of. Nobody cares. Nobody wants to be publicly labeled as anti-trans or whatever.

The only ones who can stand up and do something are the (real) women. They need to protest and refuse to compete against men.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.

Last edited by Lt. Dave; 10-22-2019 at 09:16 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:26 PM

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:28 PM

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
Yup. What do you propose to do about this?

Women's sports are being made a mockery of. Nobody cares. Nobody wants to be publicly labeled as anti-trans or whatever.

The only ones who can stand up and do something are the (real) women. They need to protest and refuse to compete against men.

Absolutely correct

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 08:02 AM

The solution is simple - women could simply refuse to compete until "fake" women are banned.

This is a good example of the real object of political correctness, which is to make people afraid to speak out against real injustice.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 08:31 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page