Graybeard Outdoors banner

Sick of Christmas yet?

689 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Ranger99 
#1 ·
Are the Christmas products sold in stores now for Christmas 2019 or Christmas 2020? It's hard to tell. They keep selling the stuff earlier and earlier every year. I was tired of tripping over boughs of holly and spruce cuttings way back in September.

#4 ·
Black Friday used to be the big kickoff. Now it's pre-black Friday, pre-pre-black Friday, pre-pre-pre-black Friday and the season starts sometime in the middle of the summer.

Most of these "pre" sales ads consist of junk they're trying to unload because nobody will buy it after the good stuff goes on sale.

#5 · (Edited)
I just ignore it until right after Thanksgiving. That's when the wife packs up her Thanksgiving decorations and I get to haul them all back to the storage building. I get to return with Christmas decoration and the joy of helping put everything up. At least she's cut way back on the decorating in the last few years. No more outside lights, no more draped and lighted doorways, etc.

I have a fair sized pack of great grandkids and I enjoy the big kick they get from Christmas. If not for them Christmas wouldn't amount to much for me. Just another good meal is about all..

#6 ·
I stopped caring about all holidays except Independence Day and Halloween 50 years ago. FWIW the only reason I care about Halloween is it is my b'day and of, course, the candy.

#7 ·
Jesus wasn't born in December so I find a manufactured holiday that mandates shopping and visits to various family groups in the cold and snow to be a pain. But no, I'm not sick of Christmas yet. I don't give it any thought until after Thanksgiving has been properly celebrated. Then I'll be sick of it.

#8 ·
I know that when I hear Julio Iglesia sing "Feliz Navidad" on the radio for the first time of the season then it's time to tune out all of the country stations until January because they play that stupid song every half hour around the clock!

How is anyone going to wish anything onto someone else anyway. I wish Julio would go cut me a load of wood or do something useful. Let's see how that works out. Wish me a merry Christmas.....bah humbug!

#9 ·
i'm not sick of Christmas per se,
more of what it's become.

what's left of my family and friends have pretty much
dispensed with the gift competition and just get together
for food and togetherness, much like Thanksgiving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.