Hip Replacement Surgery - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default Hip Replacement Surgery

Well, I had hip replacement surgery Thursday... 🥺 Came home Friday and if it weren't for the hi powered drugs they gave me I would NOT be happy! But the worst part is they wouldn't give me the ball end of the hip bone they sawed off! 🤬 I don't know why... ****, It was MY leg bone! ... 🙄 Anyway I thought it would make a pretty neat handle knob for a walking stick! 😁

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:13 PM

Be careful with those high powered meds. They sure can mess with your stomach. I know this from experience.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:17 PM

they must have had it presold to someone else. Did you see any Planned Parenthood parts pickup vans in the parking lot?

You sound like you are doing well for which we are all thankful. Kratom and wild lettuce are a couple sustances I have heard of that can help with pain. A little whisky can be a blessing too.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 03:15 PM

Good for you!
Had mine replaced three years ago. Couldn't even swing my leg up over a bike. Now I even forget I had it done.
Get out and walk!

Science: Like magic but real
Learn, Decide, Act
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Dee

Good for you Richard. Linda had a total knee replacement back in June. Rough out of the gate, but now she's walking like a teenager.
Praying for you.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atllaw View Post
Well, I had hip replacement surgery Thursday... �� Came home Friday and if it weren't for the hi powered drugs they gave me I would NOT be happy! But the worst part is they wouldn't give me the ball end of the hip bone they sawed off! �� I don't know why... ****, It was MY leg bone! ... �� Anyway I thought it would make a pretty neat handle knob for a walking stick! ��
Welcome to the club , Im 20 years in on my total hip replacement . When I had mine the incision was made on the outside of the hip , they tell me now they go in at the groin is that right ?

Last edited by mcbammer; 11-17-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 02:50 AM

Gun Cabinet

atlaw, it's funny you said that. I had hip replacement surgery the 29th of October and requested the ball end off my leg bone too as you said. My surgeon kept mine also because it's considered medical waste. Oddly two weeks prior I was in the hospital for Lithotripsy, a procedure to break up kidney stones, so I could pass them. They also put a "stent" in my ureter to help the stones get to my bladder easier. I had to collect the stones and give them up for lab analysis, but when they removed the stent from me a week later they let me keep it! My hip joint or my kidney stones would have been a story in the making, but nobody wants to see a 12" little straw that was in my body. There should be a law since it was ours anyway, right?

I may have passed my "Best Before" date but I haven't reached my "Use By" date.

When I run out of bullets I will throw rocks, and I will never run out of rocks.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 06:21 AM

Gun Cabinet

I hope that all goes well and that you had an anterior approach for the replacement. I’ve seen people walking without a cane within two weeks after surgery with this approach. Especially if there wasn’t significant muscle weakness prior to surgery.

When I was a kid I remember lots of older people walking on canes. Now days you don’t see nearly as many doing so because of joint replacement surgeries. It’s pretty awesome to see people get their life back through restored mobility.

Last edited by littlecanoe; 11-18-2019 at 07:52 AM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:24 AM

one of the best things I did was have my hip replacement. Im getting close to needing the other one done too. It isn't fun recovery but 6 months from now youll wonder why you waited so long.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 08:21 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I still got the same hips but have had both knees replaced...the left one twice. It's what 20 years of climbing poles with hooks on a daily basis will do for you.

I hated the narcotics part of it because I got so constipated. The last two knee replacements involved nothing but Ibuprofen and ice.

It would be kinda cool to have the hip bone mounted on a board and then hang it on the wall right betwixt the deer heads!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page