How many months per year of pleasant weather where you live? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Default How many months per year of pleasant weather where you live?

Warm, cool, comfortable. Not oppressively hot or cold. How much good pleasant weather do you get?

In Minnesota, 2 months. Second half of May and first half of June. And second half of September and first half of October. That's it. The rest of it is mostly bad, either cold or too much inclement weather. Even during the summer there's usually a cold front coming through every three days to ruin the weather. Just about everybody has had near death experiences due to weather and nobody thinks anything of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
Warm, cool, comfortable. Not oppressively hot or cold. How much good pleasant weather do you get?

In Minnesota, 2 months. Second half of May and first half of June. And second half of September and first half of October. That's it. The rest of it is mostly bad, either cold or too much inclement weather. Even during the summer there's usually a cold front coming through every three days to ruin the weather. Just about everybody has had near death experiences due to weather and nobody thinks anything of it.

I canít agree Conan. May through October with the exception of a couple weeks late July and early August. Then again in mid January to early March. If the house didnít have central air I sure wouldnít spend money to get it installed.

I grew up in central Illinois. Summer held oppressive humidity June, July, and August. Early November till late March was mud season.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:14 AM

We DEFINEATELY have snow and cold in the winter. But I can dress for the cold. Id take it any day over a 100 degrees or even 90 with high humidity. I spent 8 years on the southern east coast and you couldn't get me to live there again if you gave me a house. We have a spring and fall that has 50-70 degree temps and june to sept where temps are usually in the 70-75 degree range. Probably the nicest summers of any place ive lived. Only down side to it is we are over run by tourist coming north to take advantage of the beautiful summers here. Camp grounds are everywhere and bursting at the seams. Good thing about winter coming is it sends the light weights running. Tourists here in the winter are usually midwestern snowmobilers coming because we have some of the best snow conditions in the winter too. Truthfully anymore I could live without winter but then if it was our typical summer 365 days a year this whole place would probably look like nyc or san fran cisco. Heck the few lightweights we have here go running to texas and florida in the winter where there's people they can relate to better. Go down there and shoot them some golfs!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:07 PM

It depends on to what degree we are experiencing "global warming", or climate change. If you throw out a handful of weird years, the weather here on the west side of the Cascades in the Pacific Northwest is about as moderate as it gets. For instance, today (December 2) it is supposed to be mostly sunny and in the forties. I have kept a weather diary for many years and on average we get rain on about 110 days. That doesn't mean it was all day rain, it just means that it might have rained just enough to wet the pavement. Some days it might rain all day, but that would probably be a storm going through. We do get snow now and then, but usually that would be confined to January and December. From February through October it's generally good outdoor weather.

This year the wettest months had 11, or 12 days when it rained at least a little. Our summers are very moderate with plenty of sunshine, but rarely too hot. A lot depends on exact location.

Swingem
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:24 PM

I guess that depends on what is considered pleasant weather.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
I guess that depends on what is considered pleasant weather.
Purely subjective. Whatever feels good to you.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:04 PM

Not enough ! At least it sometimes seems like that is so. I like to say winters are not fun, that is from about November until May. Once the leaves are down

and things turn sloppy and gray..until the leaves are budding again, is not my favorite time.

..But once May arrives, with the beautiful, radiant greening through to the beautiful fall colors, I think there is no better place to be than right where I am,
Political considerations aside.

Right here is where as the spring thaws arrive, the small rivulets and streams are flushed green and fresh.. New life springs up from the ground,
from the boughs of the trees and among the wildlife.

I suppose if I were an ardent skier, snowmobiler or trapper, I would treasure the winters also..but I am not an of those, so each year it seems becomes les and less pleasant a the years go by.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. (Alexander the Great)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:07 PM

The past two years in Minn. have been unpleasant due to near entire spring through fall was not average nor nicely odd.
All I have to do is think back to the drought years in the seventies, eighties and nineties to realize what we had is better than that.
Now the very high humidity we have had several times in the past five years, with high heat is hard to adjust to but still better than same high heat with less than 30 percent humidity and watching flora die all summer.

This late fall so far is about what I remember as yout, and I cannot complain.

RR
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

It is always sunny in Mims!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page