A perfect place for teslas - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Default A perfect place for teslas

Los Angeles. Where you spend hours in traffic going nowhere fast. This article is an example of the popularity of Tesla's there. Yes, it was an awkward situation for the drivers, but the event is indicative of well placed demand for Tesla's where they make the most sense. A sign of the times and a sign of change.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-charge.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:00 AM

Daily Mail won't let me read anything unless I turn off my ad blocker - which I won't do.

All this fuss about electric vehicles reminds me that nothing is new. Streetcars have been running in some cities for ages and actually make a lot more sense for city transportation than any kind of car.

Of course our electric grid is already so overtaxed it would probably send the whole country into a blackout if more cities started using them. For that matter our grid couldn't handle a big increase in electric cars either!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:10 AM

Stands to reason, where traffic is so congested that most of the travel time is spent standing still or nearly so. With an electric vehicle. Of course, during idle time, no fuel/electric is being consumed.

Then of course, during regular operation it recoups electric as it coasts down hill. Something to think about, although I am not yet ready for electric.

But then, I am slow to accept advanced technology..

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

And expensive technology too. At least i am. I want technology thats almost obsolete because the bugs are worked out of it. But then the entire los angeles life style isn't for me. Very expensive. Low value. It's ironic that all the bums and criminals live near city proper and working class people live in suburbs that may be 120 miles away.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

I still do read daily mail some but not nearly as much as i used to. It used to be myvdaily news of choice. Now they cover the screen with ads and self starting videos.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:34 PM
TM7

You have to think one of the few things standing between us and Soros, Gore, and Greta and the Carbon Tax identures are Tesla and the E-vehicle industry. Look at the carbon tax servitude forced on Canadiens.

Tesla has projected by 2025 a 1500mi range EV that is solar fueled. Lightyear vechicle manufacturer says they have produced such a vehicle.

Likely with carbon taxation you're going to want a 1500mi range EV, especially solar fueled.

EVs are actually cheaper and easier to manufacture than IC cars. As makers gear up prices are likely to drop, everybody will want an EV.....unless you live in the Yukon.
..TM7
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 10:18 PM

GM has seen the writing on the wall and is going electric. Shutting down assembly plants of IC cars to build Electric stuff.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...s-all-electric
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
You have to think one of the few things standing between us and Soros, Gore, and Greta and the Carbon Tax identures are Tesla and the E-vehicle industry. Look at the carbon tax servitude forced on Canadiens.

Tesla has projected by 2025 a 1500mi range EV that is solar fueled. Lightyear vechicle manufacturer says they have produced such a vehicle.

Likely with carbon taxation you're going to want a 1500mi range EV, especially solar fueled.

EVs are actually cheaper and easier to manufacture than IC cars. As makers gear up prices are likely to drop, everybody will want an EV.....unless you live in the Yukon.
..TM7
Even if 2/3 of all vehicles were converted to electric, don't think for one moment, that Soros, Gore, Greta and the rest would back off. Let's face it; the "Green movement" has nothing to do with 'save the planet'..is a political movement... pure and simple..

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 04:56 AM
TM7

IG....
Not only 'political ' but economic, taxation, and control driven.
I hoping Soros, Gore and Greta or some other group or tribe doesn't smash up the EV industry.
.TM7
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Even if 2/3 of all vehicles were converted to electric, don't think for one moment, that Soros, Gore, Greta and the rest would back off. Let's face it; the "Green movement" has nothing to do with 'save the planet'..is a political movement... pure and simple...

Agreed. Also no one factors in the pollution created to generate the electricity to keep these things charged up.

I don't know it it's true or not but I read a thing the other day that stated that the costs required to build and install a wind powered generator exceed the revenue it will return over it's life span and then there is the cost of disposing of the thing when it's worn out. It seems some of it isn't recyclable. It's like ethanol and hydrogen. The cost of production and the pollution created in doing so exceeds the return.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page