True, or false. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Default True, or false.

Today while reporting on a shooting at a U.S. military base, a news talker said that personal weapons (guns) are not allowed on base. That certainly was not the case when and where I served.

Is the news right, or wrong and if right--since when?

Swingem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
Today while reporting on a shooting at a U.S. military base, a news talker said that personal weapons (guns) are not allowed on base. That certainly was not the case when and where I served.

Is the news right, or wrong and if right--since when?
Semi correct, we are not allowed CCW, or to carry our Personally Owned Weapons (POWs) in our vehicle on post unless going to or from a range or to the back 40 to hunt, and they must be registered on post. This applies to most Federal Installations, as far as I know.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mega View Post
Semi correct, we are not allowed CCW, or to carry our Personally Owned Weapons (POWs) in our vehicle on post unless going to or from a range or to the back 40 to hunt, and they must be registered on post. This applies to most Federal Installations, as far as I know.

Same when I was in so many years ago, both in the states & overseas.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 06:35 PM

Angry

Not the first time this has happened, won't be that last. By denying our military to carry on base makes our military bases a gun free zone and easy target for the godless ones or any other crazies, like the animal that we've spent $ millions on to keep alive that slaughtered so many at another US military gun free zone a few years ago. ANOTHER godless one.
As some of you may have noticed, I do NOT like muslims. They can NOT be trusted, their word is worthless. Were it up to me, they would NOT be allowed in our military or on our posts. They would Never be allowed to teach in our schools, or hold ANY govt offices. Devildems love em and put them in power. WHY?? VOTES, POWER, same reason they encourage, abortion, aid, and abet criminal invaders and the perverts, VOTES, POWER, MONEY. We changed our registration years ago when my health started sliding. I didn't want to face God and have him ask me why I supported these sins. CHARLIE.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 07:24 PM
dcw

Arrow

in the land of the "Big PX", personally owned firearms had to be registered with PM and stored in company weapons storage and be signed in and out by company armorer.

lead, follow, or get out of the way!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 08:31 PM

We could check our m16’s out for 24 hours for cleaning and general maintenance... Back when if you wanted a three round burst you tapped the trigger... I am not a combat vet so can’t speak for them.

Last edited by Mule 11; 12-06-2019 at 08:46 PM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 11:53 PM

There should always be a well armed group patrolling our bases to protect OUR people. The godless ones had guns anyway, our law abiding people have pd time and again for allowing themselves to be disarmed. CHARLIE.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 12:01 AM

Gun Cabinet

i had my Mauser 8mm in my truck camper on base in the 1980s fort Polk la hidden no body never knew it LOL
i didnt trust the arms room it might of disappeared
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 12:10 AM

I was going to get a permit to use the range at Ft. Benning but when I got the form to fill out they wanted to know everything about me, my firearms, serial numbers, driver's license number and social security number. Plus I don't remember what all else. I read the paperwork over and was flabbergasted. I also ran it through the shredder.

They wanted too much information...... especially for an old retired grumpy man.

And when my wife goes to work I make sure I didn't leave my pistol in the glovebox....

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
in the land of the "Big PX", personally owned firearms had to be registered with PM and stored in company weapons storage and be signed in and out by company armorer.
I had to chuckle at that.. It has been a lifetime since I heard, "the land of the big PX and round door knobs".. Of course, by now we have adopted door levers.

At least a couple times I took my Ruger 10/22 in it's box, and walked to a German range a couple miles from the front gate of the post, to shoot for an afternoon.

I likely unknowingly broke several laws in doing so, but never ran afowl of the polizei !

Now in retrospect, I think about it.... 1.Carrying outside a vehicle 2. Having a semiauto 3. Carrying back with me, any remaining ammo.

I guess I didn't stop to think about the paranoia obsessing some people...but then, that was 1965, a different time,

even then however, the Europeans had some very restrictive laws..and the "status of forces" agreement as I recall, in 1964.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)

Last edited by ironglow; 12-07-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page