It snowed last night - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Default It snowed last night

Well, a tiny bit. There was a little on top of the plastic trash containers I use to store bird feed, a little on the along the edges of the grass in the yard, and a little more on the west side of the roof. Far as I'm concerned this is plenty. It wouldn't bother me a bit if it never snowed here again. How things have changed in my wants. We used to haul snowmobiles 165 miles to the mountains and back several times each winter and really enjoyed it. Now I can totally do without it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 12:55 PM

Hallelujah, we have bare ground today in the Midwest, high around 49 F, higher elevation clouds pushed through from the SW so we have some of you wonderful warm to enjoy for a bit.
best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 01:49 PM

Peeing rain today and I hate, absolutely loath warm weather in winter.
We need at least a foot of snow and two or more would be better.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 02:15 PM

12 inches in GF, ND as of noon. If I may ask BoB which -40 corner of MN do you spend your time at??? Thats a pretty big area.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogman View Post
12 inches in GF, ND as of noon. If I may ask BoB which -40 corner of MN do you spend your time at??? Thats a pretty big area.
I split between the St. Cloud area and the Hutchinson area.
Hutch has never seen -40 but St.Cloud which is on lower edge of truly cold weather, in the past thirty some years has seen it 3 times, that I know of.
The stupid part of the weather data from St. Cloud is it is taken from the airport which is about 5 miles out of town, to the South East and has totally different weather than the city on the river/s valley.
The airport has reported 5 inches of snow while the North part of town gets less than an inch.

I just finished shoveling the one-half inch or so of ice and slush off of the side walks, and put down salt for only the second time this year.
It is warm as I shoveled wearing blue jeans and a cotton button down shirt with my sleeves rolled[up.
Not one bit too cool, much less cold.
Time goes fast when you shovel, what seemed like one-half hour was closer to one and one-half.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 12-29-2019 at 05:41 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 08:37 PM

About 11 years ago son-in-law came from from Eden Prairie to the NW Angle and ice fished 3 years in a row on MLK weekend. And it was -40 every year. That is why your -40 made me curious Bob. Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page