The new GBO reloaded is up and going well. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Talking The new GBO reloaded is up and going well.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/i...n=pm#msg706990

Come on over, no ads, no trolls, just good conversation. There is NO RELIGIOUS FORUM, but Dr Spurgeons and David Arnolds devotions are approved and being posted daily. CHARLIE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 04:52 PM

Powderman,

Who set up the new GBO Reloaded? It does not appear to be any of Bill's doing, at least not judging from one of his reply on the "reloaded" site. If it is not Bill's doing then how did whoever set it up get access to all of the old archived messages which appear to be everything before the new owners took over from Bill.

We as members signed up for GBO and agreed to all of the rules. I appear to be signed up for the new one as my user name and password are the same.

Argent appears to have a new or semi new identity and seems to be somewhat running things.

I hope Bill chimes in and gives us his thoughts on this new "reloaded GBO".

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

The Reloaded site is owned by Matt. He has been wanting to set it up ever since we sold this site. I refused to participate in the beginning as I didn't feel it appropriate so soon after selling out. It has now been many years and the folks we sold this site to no longer even own this site.

So Matt just went ahead and set it up. What he did is to take the database from this site as it looked before we sold it and used it. So all the old post on here are also over there up until the end of February of 2014. Nothing posted here since March 1, 2014 is over there.

Matt owns the site and is the decision maker over there. I have no ownership interest in it but am an admin there.

David is moderator of the Science and Sci-Fi forum and music forum there as he is here. Now as to the change there recently regarding religion posts I dunno. Looks to me like maybe David overstepped his authority and told folks stuff he had no authority to tell them.

I haven't yet discussed the change with Matt so am not sure if he knows or is in agreement with the decision. It is really his decision to make. Once I have discussed it with Matt I will discuss it with David. I will say David does seem to have thrown his full efforts behind the reloaded site and is doing what he can to make it successful. Whether what he did meets with Matt's approval will decide if the change stands or not.

What the reloaded site is in a nutshell is what this one used to be a long time ago. It has the same database up to the time we sold this site, uses the same software we used rather than the software this site uses and does not have any advertisements on it. Each person is free to decide which site or sites they wish to spend their time on. Matt and some members there area actively promoting it. Since I still represent this site as an admin here I am NOT actively seeking members or promoting it. I am helping there as an admin but it is Matt's baby, he is fully funding it out of his pocket.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 05:30 PM

I'm not in control of anything. And I have been in contact with Matt. And i did ask you sir.
If you think I am overstepping my bounds. You said I don't think so.

Last edited by Argent11; 01-20-2020 at 05:39 PM.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
The Reloaded site is owned by Matt. He has been wanting to set it up ever since we sold this site. I refused to participate in the beginning as I didn't feel it appropriate so soon after selling out. It has now been many years and the folks we sold this site to no longer even own this site.

So Matt just went ahead and set it up. What he did is to take the database from this site as it looked before we sold it and used it. So all the old post on here are also over there up until the end of February of 2014. Nothing posted here since March 1, 2014 is over there.

Matt owns the site and is the decision maker over there. I have no ownership interest in it but am an admin there.

David is moderator of the Science and Sci-Fi forum and music forum there as he is here. Now as to the change there recently regarding religion posts I dunno. Looks to me like maybe David overstepped his authority and told folks stuff he had no authority to tell them.

I haven't yet discussed the change with Matt so am not sure if he knows or is in agreement with the decision. It is really his decision to make. Once I have discussed it with Matt I will discuss it with David. I will say David does seem to have thrown his full efforts behind the reloaded site and is doing what he can to make it successful. Whether what he did meets with Matt's approval will decide if the change stands or not.

What the reloaded site is in a nutshell is what this one used to be a long time ago. It has the same database up to the time we sold this site, uses the same software we used rather than the software this site uses and does not have any advertisements on it. Each person is free to decide which site or sites they wish to spend their time on. Matt and some members there area actively promoting it. Since I still represent this site as an admin here I am NOT actively seeking members or promoting it. I am helping there as an admin but it is Matt's baby, he is fully funding it out of his pocket.
Bill,

Thanks for the clarification and info!

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 06:53 PM

Its all been settled. No problems.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 06:54 PM

I'm confused- what is the purpose of having a clone of this site?
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianNH View Post
It isn't. Its what you all wanted it to be.

Last edited by Argent11; 01-20-2020 at 07:04 PM.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianNH View Post
For awhile some here were peeing and moaning this site was no good they wanted the old site back.
Well Matt brought the old site back the complainers had no reason to complain, but just seemed to vanish.

RR
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
It isn't. Its what you all wanted it to be.
That doesn't answer my question. What is the point of it? What problem is it supposed to be solving? What improvement is it supposed to be offering? What's wrong with this site? Is it going away? It seems odd to have a site that advertises for another site. The other site seems to be made up of old posts from this site, as well as users (including me) from this site. That pretty much spells "clone" to me. I'm perfectly happy with this site the way it is. I looked at the other site's H&R Classifieds, and there's one ad there from Nov 2019. The next newest ads are from 2014. None of it makes any sense to me, so I don't see a reason to go there instead of here. Is there a reason?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page