Shoot to kill policy against poachers - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Default Shoot to kill policy against poachers

https://qz.com/india/908867/kazirang...hers-at-sight/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 09:31 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I have a very strong disdain for poachers. I will turn them in every chance that I get. It is just to easy to do it the right way to accept those who chose to do it their way which is outside the realm of stewardship.

However the thought of shooting a poacher has never crossed my mind. I did break one's nose a few years ago. He was caught red handed and then put his nose almost against my nose telling me what he was going to do to me while using the Lord's name in vain and the "F" bomb in the same sentence. He not only got issued a good fine, he had forfeit the deer and real nice Remington 600 6mm to the Warden plus he also got to wear an obnoxious splint on his mug for a few weeks! That Warden has liked me ever since!

That Warden retired a few a few years ago and told me that the perpetrator of that offense failed to appear in court and skipped town. That rifle sold at an auction for $350.......dang it!

Last edited by gpa&hisguns; 01-24-2020 at 09:41 AM. Reason: I remembered a tid bit more!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 11:39 AM

Harsh, but effective. Not many repeat offenders I'd guess!

Poachers are no different than any other group of criminals in that it's a very small percentage of the population that commits the vast majority of crimes - the same small group doing it over and over again. The average criminal has a rap sheet as long as your arm, thanks to the "revolving door" judicial systems. Change it to a one way door and crime plummets - no mystery there!

Doesn't surprise me the liberal BBC doesn't approve of India's method of enforcement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 04:11 PM

BRAVO!
There was, a few years back, an article, on TV, on game wardens in Africa. Who for a long time were not even allowed rifles as they were told that might give poachers a reason to shoot at them but they were being killed by poachers often.

That stopped when at least several countries, armed their wardens and gave a shoot first and ask question later order against poachers.
IIRC, one reason things changed was White hunters who paid big bucks to be there had come into armed conflict when hunting and they came upon armed poachers.
The government did not want to lose money when hunters were not going to go into the equivalent of a war zone where if they shot back, they would face misery in court.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 01-24-2020 at 04:39 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 04:57 PM

Rhino horn, and tiger bone are considered an aphrodisiac by some Mideast and far east cultures. Ground up rhino horn is very costly when sold on the black market.

Shoot! They may as well eat their fingernail parings, because they are made from the same stuff.

http://www.rhinoresourcecenter.com/p...63273.pdf?view

There is also a big black market in bear gall bladders..

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unl...dder-uses.html

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)

Last edited by ironglow; 01-24-2020 at 05:00 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
BRAVO!
There was, a few years back, an article, on TV, on game wardens in Africa. Who for a long time were not even allowed rifles as they were told that might give poachers a reason to shoot at them but they were being killed by poachers often.

That stopped when at least several countries, armed their wardens and gave a shoot first and ask question later order against poachers.
IIRC, one reason things changed was White hunters who paid big bucks to be there had come into armed conflict when hunting and they came upon armed poachers.
The government did not want to lose money when hunters were not going to go into the equivalent of a war zone where if they shot back, they would face misery in court.
I've watched plenty of programs where the wardens indeed shot game poachers.
And I agree completely with that program.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 12:04 AM

Gun Cabinet

video time 0:55
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 01:30 AM

Great idea! I support it. As I recall back in the late 80s, I heard that at least one African country was hunting and shooting poachers on sight. I don't know if they did or do now, but it's definitely what's needed to stop it.

Plus stop China from importing any at all. China has a whole industry devoted to carving ivory, and they flagrantly abuse the anti-ivory laws and provide a market for the poachers. Nearly any endangered animal species today owes its population decline to the Chinese and their "medicines"; ivory, rhino horn, tiger bones, bear gall bladders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page