Kobe Bryant dies in crash - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Default Kobe Bryant dies in crash

Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash with four other people.
His father was a professional basketball player, who played in Italy when he left the NBA so Kobe spent a lot of his youth being raised in Italy.
He had good grades but went straight to the NBA after high school.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 01-26-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

The Sports-Media Nation will tear their clothing and mourn for what might have been. Magazines will sell millions of copies dissecting a sports career. A jersey number will be retired. We will be asked for our heads to be bowed in a collective moment of silence.

I will speak of it no more.

I ask you to turn your attention to the following HEROES.

Ian P. McLaughlin
Miguel A. Villalon
Henry Mayfield Jr.

Do you know who they are? No? Neither did I, but are about to find out from https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

Ian, 29, of Newport News, Virginia, died Jan. 11, 2020, when his Army vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Alongside Ian was Miguel, 21, of Joiliet, Illinois, who also died. Miguel was on his first deployment.

Henry, 23, of Hazel Crest, Ill., died Jan. 5, 2020, in an attack by al-Shabab militants on Manda Bay Airfield in Kenya. His last words to his mother were, "Everything is good and safe at our base."

ALL of our fallen heroes are remembered at the link above. In remembering these three, we honor and remember them ALL for giving us EVERYTHING in defense of freedom.

These we shall continue to remember and to speak of...
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
The Sports-Media Nation will tear their clothing and mourn for what might have been. Magazines will sell millions of copies dissecting a sports career. A jersey number will be retired. We will be asked for our heads to be bowed in a collective moment of silence.

I will speak of it no more.

I ask you to turn your attention to the following HEROES.

Ian P. McLaughlin
Miguel A. Villalon
Henry Mayfield Jr.

Do you know who they are? No? Neither did I, but are about to find out from https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

Ian, 29, of Newport News, Virginia, died Jan. 11, 2020, when his Army vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Alongside Ian was Miguel, 21, of Joiliet, Illinois, who also died. Miguel was on his first deployment.

Henry, 23, of Hazel Crest, Ill., died Jan. 5, 2020, in an attack by al-Shabab militants on Manda Bay Airfield in Kenya. His last words to his mother were, "Everything is good and safe at our base."

ALL of our fallen heroes are remembered at the link above. In remembering these three, we honor and remember them ALL for giving us EVERYTHING in defense of freedom.

These we shall continue to remember and to speak of...

You are exactly right. The jerseys will be flying off the shelves now.

The real heroes die defending our freedoms. Here, Here!

Go Donald Go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
You are exactly right. The jerseys will be flying off the shelves now.

The real heroes die defending our freedoms. Here, Here!
Me too! I favor the real heroes...

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:45 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Amen and Amen! Our last contract at this public school district saw us being mandated to be off work on Martin Luther King's birthday while at the same time we gave up Veterans Day. I will never diss on what Martin Luther King was about but I will not be forced to diss on our Veterans either. I took a personal day on Veterans day and did what i always do on Veterans day. A friend and I went down and cleaned the Vets Memorial Building here in town. It's the least that we can do after what the veterans have done for us.

Kolbe was a great basketball player and a great father. My buddy Barry was great mechanic and an excellent father of 5 when he succumbed to cancer at an early age. We lose a few Barrys every single day and then watch their families struggle financially without them and only a few mourn. I will not be jumping on the bandwagon to buy a Kolbe jersey. It is what it is.........
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:47 AM

I have no idea of who this guy is. Is he like Michael Jordan in that people look up to him as a role model of excellence? Jordan, for example, has inspired many young people to excel. Not just blacks.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:54 AM
Dee

Agreed! Sports figures ARE NOT heroes.
While unfortunate that he was killed, he was able to bounce his ball for his fans through the sacrifice of the military, and first responders.
Now with that said, he did, or was paying it forward with kids basketball programs.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 01-27-2020 at 09:04 AM.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 08:58 AM

I disagree. Jack Nicklaus, Michael Jordan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Don Shula, and a few others transcend sports and become models of excellence. But most professional athletes don't.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 09:02 AM

Question 2. Is this going to be another festival for race hustlers that turn everything into a race issue?
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
Question 2. Is this going to be another festival for race hustlers that turn everything into a race issue?
Probably so. Donald Trump made that helicopter crash....Give them time, someone will find a way to blame him.

Go Donald Go!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page