One last Thing - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 12:17 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 22,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Well Deacon, I have felt the same way at times. There are a couple, sometimes a 3rd, that would cause me to grind my teeth, if I let'em get to me.
One is a constant nuisance, one a constant scatterbrain, and all over the map, and one that holds a grudge for years, over a past disagreement that haunts him, but claims he doesn't.

Ya just gotta look over'em.
Because they don't agree with you? So you say these things? Discreetly calling names.
What I say to Deacon is to Deacon, not to you, and is none of your concern, and while buttin in, is your nature, it ain't polite.

But since you have I will say to you; A bit dog always hollers.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 02-05-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Dee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 12:58 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 22,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
You were not there during the negotiations.
Then keep that in the PM section where it belongs.
What I said to DEACON had nothing to do with you and GBO, so keep your business dealings out of my post reply to DEACON, it had NOTHING to do with you, good grief.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Bob, my wife continually tells me that there is no such thing as "good grief".
I say there is. But she keeps correcting me.
I'm gonna show her this

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is offline  
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 02:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: -40F area Minn.
Posts: 11,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Bob, my wife continually tells me that there is no such thing as "good grief".
I say there is. But she keeps correcting me.
I'm gonna show her this
Here is where is came from:

Jonathan Avidan, M.A. Linguistics & Opera, Tel Aviv University (2017)

It’s a good example of the euphemistic cycle that oaths undergo, especially with the social taboo on words relating to god*: it began as “Good Lord” as a quote from the Litany “Good Lord, deliver us” (basically a miserere mei), then the taboo turned it into “Good God” and then cyclically tabooed it as well, replacing “god” with another word that begins with /g/ and also relates to the function of the oath as an expletive (similar to replacing “****” with “shoot”) you got “Good grief!”.

People often repeat the “fact” that this term was coined by the characters on the show Charlie Brown / Peanuts, but it merely brought into the mainstream language an oath that was marginal and dialectal.

*This stems in great part from misunderstanding/mistranslating the commandment commonly termed “thou shalt not bear God’s name in vain”, or in Hebrew: “לֹא תִשָּׂא אֶת שֵׁם ה' אֱלֹהֶיךָ לַשָּׁוְא”. This has been taken to mean, by both Christians and Orthodox Jews, that there’s a prohibition on using god’s name (for the record, the main god’s name is Yahweh יהוה) and then further underwent the taboo cycle and transformed into a prohibition on using the word for god itself: note the hilarious usage of “g-d” - in their minds they fooled the great Almighty with a simple dash! this g-d character is easy to trick indeed. -- (Ach, no one still does that, do they?)

However, the actual point of the third commandment is to proscribe bearing false testimony (which would require swearing which in turn requires calling on god). The people depicted in the Bible had no problem naming the main god or any of the others. The taboo on naming gods is, however, cross-cultural.

RR
Bob Riebe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 05:36 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 22,748
Default

Good grief!😊

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is offline  
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 21,500
Default

so do those little ankle biting Mexican dogs. But there just a nuisance. Seems like you kind of jumped in on this to attack argent when it had nothing to do with you! If this was between argent and deacon, what ive found with both of them is there big boys that can deal with there problems without cheerleaders or you trying to stir them up. NOBODY on here owns a post or can control who responds in it. As long as the rules are followed I can post an hail Mary prayer in response to every post on here. What is argents business is ANYTHING he wants to respond to on here as long as hes not breaking the rules. Not what you decide he should or what you decide is proper. Last I heard you are making or changing the rules here. You can allways report what YOU THINK is wrong to a moderator! I too hate to see Deacon go. He was one of the more level headed people here. Especially on Christianity but his reasons are none of my business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
What I say to Deacon is to Deacon, not to you, and is none of your concern, and while buttin in, is your nature, it ain't polite.

But since you have I will say to you; A bit dog always hollers.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 02-05-2020 at 07:53 AM.
lloyd smale is offline  
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 22,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
so do those little ankle biting Mexican dogs. But there just a nuisance. Seems like you kind of jumped in on this to attack argent when it had nothing to do with you! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/images/GreyBeardOutdoors_toucan/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG] If this was between argent and deacon, what ive found with both of them is there big boys that can deal with there problems without cheerleaders or you trying to stir them up. NOBODY on here owns a post or can control who responds in it. As long as the rules are followed I can post an hail Mary prayer in response to every post on here. What is argents business is ANYTHING he wants to respond to on here as long as hes not breaking the rules. Not what you decide he should or what you decide is proper. Last I heard you are making or changing the rules here. You can allways report what YOU THINK is wrong to a moderator! I too hate to see Deacon go. He was one of the more level headed people here. Especially on Christianity but his reasons are none of my business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
What I say to Deacon is to Deacon, not to you, and is none of your concern, and while buttin in, is your nature, it ain't polite.

But since you have I will say to you; A bit dog always hollers.
PROVERBS Chapter 26 verses 11 & 26.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is offline  
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DEACONLLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Green country Oklahoma
Posts: 4,757
Default setting the record streight

I need to set the record straight as Agent keeps putting the spin on it to make him look good and me bad and me leaving because I was not a moderator. Here is the real truth so stay with me. Agent thought it would be nice to have a music forum and he ask Bill about it and Bill said yes. It was nice to have a music forum and we could post some music instead of all the back biting that was going on. I began posting some songs and others did the same and I know and understand that what I like you may not like and that is find no problem we all have likes and dislikes. After posting for a week or so Agent ask me to take over the moderating of the music site so he could moderate another forum and I said I did not wont to do that and he kept on asking and asking and against my better judgement I said ok but you take care of it with Bill when Bill made me the moderator of the sight he never put moderator under my user name which was ok with me no problem but no one knew I was the moderator Now the reason I left but seem to be back to set the record straight. I made a post on Agents post about his sisters boat which I later deleted. Here is a summery of my post I said when I was in my teens around 16 or 17 I would ride my bike down to the Richmond harbor and look and dream about one day hoping to own one I mentioned how the owners would come down on the weekend work on them and go home Sunday evening but I said There was the Korean war and after I got home from that I met a nice young lady who took my mind off sail boats. I also said one thing I noticed was that the boats hardly ever left the dock they just got worked on. with that Agent posted ANOTHER PUT DOWN don't know where that came from. I deleted the post and responded with it was not a put down just a thought from my youth you can take over moderating the music forum I am gone. I then made a new post One last thing telling every one good by so when I was not posting you would not think I had died so this is the facts. I never put my tail between my legs like a whipped dog and left because I was not a moderator, That that was all Agents Idea not mine To all who ask me to stay, thanks for the kind words to the one who took the time to PM me thanks for your kind words.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
DEACONLLB is offline  
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Roswell New Mexico
Posts: 22,981
Default

You were not a moderator, remember when we were talking about this then I looked and I was the mod on that site.
Like what Bill told me when I asked him about this. He said Dave yes you are, over on reloaded also. So I had nothing to
do with his decision and we talked about you becomeing a moderator. He said he would think about it.

So you were barking at the wrong dog.
Argent11 is offline  
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Roswell New Mexico
Posts: 22,981
Default

Deacon I didn't do anything to your post or like you are saying. Bill went in there and deleted some post then locked it.
If I had done anything wrong I'm sure he would have told me about it.
Argent11 is offline  
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 01:02 PM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 22,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
I need to set the record straight as Agent keeps putting the spin on it to make him look good and me bad and me leaving because I was not a moderator. Here is the real truth so stay with me. Agent thought it would be nice to have a music forum and he ask Bill about it and Bill said yes. It was nice to have a music forum and we could post some music instead of all the back biting that was going on. I began posting some songs and others did the same and I know and understand that what I like you may not like and that is find no problem we all have likes and dislikes. After posting for a week or so Agent ask me to take over the moderating of the music site so he could moderate another forum and I said I did not wont to do that and he kept on asking and asking and against my better judgement I said ok but you take care of it with Bill when Bill made me the moderator of the sight he never put moderator under my user name which was ok with me no problem but no one knew I was the moderator Now the reason I left but seem to be back to set the record straight. I made a post on Agents post about his sisters boat which I later deleted. Here is a summery of my post I said when I was in my teens around 16 or 17 I would ride my bike down to the Richmond harbor and look and dream about one day hoping to own one I mentioned how the owners would come down on the weekend work on them and go home Sunday evening but I said There was the Korean war and after I got home from that I met a nice young lady who took my mind off sail boats. I also said one thing I noticed was that the boats hardly ever left the dock they just got worked on. with that Agent posted ANOTHER PUT DOWN don't know where that came from. I deleted the post and responded with it was not a put down just a thought from my youth you can take over moderating the music forum I am gone. I then made a new post One last thing telling every one good by so when I was not posting you would not think I had died so this is the facts. I never put my tail between my legs like a whipped dog and left because I was not a moderator, That that was all Agents Idea not mine To all who ask me to stay, thanks for the kind words to the one who took the time to PM me thanks for your kind words.

Deaconllb
Never doubted ya for a second Deacon

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome