Anybody watch the Dog Show last night? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Default Anybody watch the Dog Show last night?

It was a crime. Some old gray haired lady judge picked a phoo-phoo poodle as best in show. Everyone else picked Daniel the golden retriever. It was no contest. The poodle wasn't even a real dog. Pictures attached. What gives with these judges?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBZV95a.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	241324  

Name:	EQjA76AWsAALprO.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	241326  

Name:	HTBQUSI3WBHZFAX433BXWWXZEQ.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	241328  

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 PM

I watched the dog show earlier this year, and those shows have rules that pretty much force the poodle owner go give then that weird hair do from a long time ago if they want to win.

RR
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:37 PM

I loaded some 75-grain Hornadys with 21.0 grains of H-322, last night. I failed abysmally to catch the dog show. I believe loading the ammo was more interesting-- at least to me, it was...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 12:14 AM

I like watching the dog shows.
Some of the small ones are truly cute little buggers.

RR
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
I like watching the dog shows.
Some of the small ones are truly cute little buggers.
The year the English bulldog won was totally cool with me.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 12:26 PM
WLB

Dog
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	72672439_2968286813187973_4207318442396614656_n.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	241344  

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 01:05 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I like watching the dog shows but a hunting dog needs to win for me to be happy! A Golden Retriever winning suits me fine.

My bird dog will pick up his water bowl when empty and walk over and stand by the sink. He knows what I am thinking before I think it. He ain't quite show quality though. His physique is near perfect, however the dead, cats, racoons and even a coyote that he has under his belt makes him look like a barroom brawler....he's got a scar or two!

Over the years we have had several of those high dollar ankle biters. A couple of them met their demise while trying to piss on moving car tires, at least that's what it appeared happened to me. My bird dogs both know that they can't step off the curb or cross the drive and they adhere to it. Them little dogs never could get that through their heads. Another died while chewing on a power cord while mother trimmed the hedges. Yup it tripped the breaker so he got it good!

The last little dog was a Yorkie Poo named Crickett. He was the exception to the rule for little dogs. He was very smart and lived to a ripe old age of 14. I spoiled him rotten. He was put to rest 3 feet deep under the big oak behind the garage. Even though he only stayed there for a couple of weeks.....Roy was a 6 month old pup then and he dug Crickett up. Mother dearest walked in on that even about the time Roy started to roll in what was left of Crickett ..NOT GOOD......If I'm lyin I'm dyin!

I wonder what them judges would think if I entered Roy into one of them dog shows. Everytime he did something good I'd drag out a pheasant head from my pocket for him to gnaw on and when he did bad I'd push the button with a lightning bolt next to it and he'd jump in the air a little bit but quit doing whatever it was he was doing and listen for a command. I might get tossed........
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 05:12 PM

I don't watch dog shows but if I would it would be one of these.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
I like watching the dog shows but a hunting dog needs to win for me to be happy! A Golden Retriever winning suits me fine.

My bird dog will pick up his water bowl when empty and walk over and stand by the sink. He knows what I am thinking before I think it. He ain't quite show quality though. His physique is near perfect, however the dead, cats, racoons and even a coyote that he has under his belt makes him look like a barroom brawler....he's got a scar or two!

Over the years we have had several of those high dollar ankle biters. A couple of them met their demise while trying to piss on moving car tires, at least that's what it appeared happened to me. My bird dogs both know that they can't step off the curb or cross the drive and they adhere to it. Them little dogs never could get that through their heads. Another died while chewing on a power cord while mother trimmed the hedges. Yup it tripped the breaker so he got it good!

The last little dog was a Yorkie Poo named Crickett. He was the exception to the rule for little dogs. He was very smart and lived to a ripe old age of 14. I spoiled him rotten. He was put to rest 3 feet deep under the big oak behind the garage. Even though he only stayed there for a couple of weeks.....Roy was a 6 month old pup then and he dug Crickett up. Mother dearest walked in on that even about the time Roy started to roll in what was left of Crickett ..NOT GOOD......If I'm lyin I'm dyin!

I wonder what them judges would think if I entered Roy into one of them dog shows. Everytime he did something good I'd drag out a pheasant head from my pocket for him to gnaw on and when he did bad I'd push the button with a lightning bolt next to it and he'd jump in the air a little bit but quit doing whatever it was he was doing and listen for a command. I might get tossed........
Old Roy would probably do ok with the right handler. That is a lot of what it is all about. You on the other hand may not fit in
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Anyone see the agility champ? Whew!

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page