Is Coronavirus more deadly then Seasonal Flu? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Default Is Coronavirus more deadly then Seasonal Flu?

Today I watched some of the endless Coronavirus fear and hype loop on televersion. Both federal, state, and media actors are telling us that Coronavirus is without doubt 5 to 25 times more lethal and dangerous than Seasonal Flu according to CDC and WHO data.

But this guy has looked at their data and says Not True......Seasonal FLU isTWICE as Deadly as Coronavirus? - -->

https://youtu.be/ohO8eAwi_po

TM77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 08:25 PM

Gun Cabinet

i dont know what i had but if it was the regular flu i wouldnt think any different i was laid up with it, on and off fever for a week at lease sweat about 5 gallons of water out and thought i died a few times in my nightmares, like to get tested in the future to see if it was the corona
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 07:24 PM

No one actually knows much about this bug. It simply hasn't been known about long enough to determine it's lethality, infection rate, or much of anything else. People that work in infectious diseases are saying this and I believe them instead of the news media, politicians, and facebookers. It will be what it will be and given time we will have some numbers that are based on fact intsead of hysteria.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:51 PM

It is known that it simply does not affect or affects no more than sniffles, a large part of the population which is why if you read some informed sites, they state, maybe not in a paranoid manner about the probably fact there are tens of thousand of people out there with it who it does not affect who have it.

The flu can kill young people, so far this rarely, hits younger peoplef to a serous degree. Truly rarely so they hunt and search for any younger, with younger being under forty, that has suffered a more serious case so they can blather that IT DOES affect younger people, we found ONE.
If a child dies with this, regardless of any other conditions the child has, that will be three inch headlines in the New York Times why we have to have Stalinist tactics for this.
Of course the thousands that have already died of the flu, they ain't nobody, they got the wrong disease, it serves NO POLITICAL GAIN for the NEVER TRUMPERS.

RR
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 06:29 AM

Gun Cabinet

Came upon this bit of info yesterday during a discussion in the news about covid19 in NYS.
It concerned the shortage of ventilators in hospitals in NY: the average patient hospitalized with the “common” flu/seasonal flu will spend 3-5 days on a ventilator. The average patient hospitalized because of covid-19 will spend 11-21 days on a ventilator..

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
Before you get into a discussion:
https://thebestschools.org/magazine/...noratioelenchi
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Came upon this bit of info yesterday during a discussion in the news about covid19 in NYS.
It concerned the shortage of ventilators in hospitals in NY: the average patient hospitalized with the “common” flu/seasonal flu will spend 3-5 days on a ventilator. The average patient hospitalized because of covid-19 will spend 11-21 days on a ventilator..
Did or does your niece need a ventilator? Also. How is she doing? I think you are the only member that has someone in there family that has a confirmed case of this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 10:32 AM

It does seems so, but it seems that percentage wise fatalities due to Chinese virus is more prevalent amongst the elderly than what it is with flu. The elderly should take care not to be exposed and to get vaccinated once a vaccine is available.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Dumb, Dumber, Democrat
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 11:32 AM

My temp has been 95.6 for two weeks now. Nephew in Boston says that's ok, they don't very concerned
until it starts going over 99.8 and climbing. But I've always had hay fever anyway, and this time of the
year I always get the sniffles.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 11:46 AM

Post by Beaumont Novi (just NW of Detroit in Oakland County) Emergency Room nurse:

https://929thelake.com/er-nurse-shar...K7HI__wNHiKNMA
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 12:18 PM

Gun Cabinet

Mule: she is a strong gal and a fighter. She has held her own. Next is to get better.
Thanks for asking.

Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
Before you get into a discussion:
https://thebestschools.org/magazine/...noratioelenchi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page