Clowns like this.. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Default Clowns like this..

It's clowns like this guy, who give Christians a bad rap !

https://www.foxnews.com/health/penns...ster-gathering

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 11:04 AM

Ya he's a Dumbass.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 11:12 AM

We are so far away from the 1st century practice of the presence of G-d in our worship and relationship that today's
"Entertainment" type worship totally misses the mark of what He would have us be and do.
It is true He will protect us from ALL sickness if we stay in the Spirit, very few here have a grasp of what that means.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 01:10 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Goodshot, you capitalized the word "ALL". That confuses me a bit. On another thread you just talked about weightlifting and cardio to help everything go better as we age. Now you say He will protect us from ALL sickness if we stay in the Spirit and very few of us grasp what that means. So if staying in the spirit is the trump card then why do you need to lift weights?

I just reread that and it sounded like I am picking you apart. Not my intent at all. Just explain how the two work together so we can get a better grasp of what you are saying. I think that you are saying that staying in shape is part of staying in the Spirit, is that right? Which leads to my next thought. Everyone that dies dies from heart failure, lung failure, kidneys shutting down or some type of sickness. You make it sound like the degree of staying in the Spirit is directly related to the degree of sickness. Yet we all die from one form of sickness or another, so do we all come up short as far as staying in the Spirit? I mean what would happen if your doctor came to you next week and gave you some very bad news? Or are you above that because you are so stayed in the Spirit and if you are then why worry about your cardio?

I agree that I apparently don't have a grasp of what that means, so enlighten me as what you're thinking!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
It's clowns like this guy, who give Christians a bad rap !
Some one tell me what day this virus is going to magically disappear so we can put our faith in God again and not hide like the disciples did.

Fear rules now, nothing else, just fear.

RR
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Some one tell me what day this virus is going to magically disappear so we can put our faith in God again and not hide like the disciples did.

Huh? I have no fear in the least. I don't fear dying in a tornado even when the weatherman says that they are inevitable, I don't fear dying of cancer...I've had it twice, I don't fear of dying in a car accident when I go for drive even though 4,000+ die from crashing their car every month in this country and I will not fear this virus. My faith in God is rock solid and fortunately for me I have a woods with a pond and a shooting range just 4 minutes away that only I and one other gentleman have access to. Of course there is always the reloading room and unfinished gun projects. My wife is on her third big jigsaw puzzle but I ain't wired for that.

Hang in there Bob this too shall pass and I sure wish that I could tell you when!

I spent 4 hours on the phone and puter yesterday trying to get access to my pension account so I can get my retirement finances sorted out. I am no closer than when I started. Wait time was 1 hour just to get to talk to a warm body then we got cut off halfway through it. It would be easier to just go rob a bank because that is what the broad on the phone made me feel like I was doing by trying to access my own account. ....and this too shall pass and I wish someone could tell me when!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:19 PM

Perhaps God brought us the virus to "thin the herd" and this Pastor is just helping it along...

P.S. We all die of heart failure, the other stuff just hurries it along.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post

I tend to follow the curve the president and the CDC present to us. They tend to think we are reaching a crescendo over the next two weeks.

We know that contaigons tend to follow over certain established patterns, so we should do our best to work within the guidelines suggested.

We should be concerned as the world views us...we should walk circumspectly.

What is this guy afraid of? Is he afraid of losing members in his mega church? If so, he can't be that super of a preacher!

Or is he afraid he will see a drop off in funds? I don't know how others do it, but if our church is closed for 4 Sundays, the first Sunday I get back

to church..there will be the equivalent of 4 weeks donations in that check.

I could be wrong, but frankly; it appears that preacher simply wants to be contrary. We have a drive-in theater about 7 miles up the state highway

which is closed for the season..if we felt the need to assemble, surely we could rent that facility, allowing family units to stay in their own cars.

This is the 21st century, and a mega church should be able to do what our church has done..place some short messages by our pastor on line..

Now, there are some small churches which may not have the technology, but if they are small enough, they can recognize the "6 foot rule".

Just small 5 min messages can help ! https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)

Last edited by ironglow; 04-01-2020 at 04:50 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBear View Post
Perhaps God brought us the virus to "thin the herd" and this Pastor is just helping it along...

P.S. We all die of heart failure, the other stuff just hurries it along.
Yeah the biting snake mentality probably won't work with coronavirus. A little respect and common sense will go along way. God expects it. I am more worried about me spreading it to someone else than I am about me getting sick from it. Social distancing is not far from my norm so it comes easy.

And you are spot on with your P.S. too.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Yeah the biting snake mentality probably won't work with coronavirus. A little respect and common sense will go along way. God expects it. I am more worried about me spreading it to someone else than I am about me getting sick from it. Social distancing is not far from my norm so it comes easy.

And you are spot on with your P.S. too.
The way I see it, as Christians it is not our job to provoke others, because that only aggravates and does not further the call for the great commission.

Of course, we always stand for the word, but just our being Christians drives some to frothing at the mouth.

“Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. (Matt 10:16)

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouths of fools pour out folly.
3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.
4 A gentle[a] tongue is a tree of life,
but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. (Prov 15:1-4)

Last edited by ironglow; 04-01-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page