Brighton Colorado Police Arrest Father In Park - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Dee

Default Brighton Colorado Police Arrest Father In Park

For not "social distancing".
The guy was playing ball with his daughter, and wife, in an empty park.

WHAT'S NEXT?

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 07:28 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Did the op just tell them to go home or arrest them?

A couple of days ago parks and playgrounds became off limits here as well. Last night I took my two bird dogs over to the football practice field along with my tennis ball flinger. I had a police officer drive by real slow eye balling me real good but he never stopped. My plan was to comply if he did stop as I'm sure he doesn't like this mess any more than I do. He's just following orders. Most of the policemen that I know here feel the same way as I do about this thing being blown clear out of proportion but they have to follow the orders that have been shoved down their throats.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 07:56 AM

Police officers used to be taught "discretion" in the academy. I think that portion of their training has been dropped from the curriculum. Now it appears they are trained to enforce the law like robots. There was a time when an officer enforced the law (in this case not even a law, an exec. order!) in that manner would have been laughed out of the squadroom by his fellow officers. Now it seems they will be reprimanded if they use common sense.

If the three had been strangers, or from different households, that's one thing, but a family that lives together??? Besides, how do you play ball less than 6 feet apart?!!

That officer didn't HAVE to follow orders, he CHOSE to. The robot mentality!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 08:36 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

There are some badge heavy cops out there too. We had one in this town a while back that though he was Wyatt Earp coming right out the academy. They look for every opportunity to stand tall over people. Maybe they were bullied as kids and the badge gives them the ability to bully back. They are usually a cop just long enough to give all of the good cops a bad name before they weed themselves out of the herd. In fact we have had just two such cops in the 45 years that I have lived here but they stick out in my memory like a sore thumb.

The cop that drove by me whilst I was throwing the tennis ball is a good one and used that common sense that you were talking about. Knowing what he is about I would have complied with him regardless. However had it been either of the other two badge heavy cops that I eluded to then they would have gotten out slapping their night stick into their hand like tough guys and started throwing orders my way in an insulting manner. They mighta had to call for backup........40 years ago when backup arrived they'da found ole Wyatt Earp handcuffed to the goal post. I did that once years ago only it wasn't a goal post it was one of them fastened down bar stools.....shame on me! That badge heavy cop had a warrant for Jason Tuttle and I ain't him! I was sitting at a booth with my boss drinking a Coke and looking over blueprints for the next days job when he tried to put those cuffs on me. I never heard anymore about that incident either.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:36 AM

''What's Next?''

Letting convicts out of prisons so they don't get sick...
TM77
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Dee

Our county sheriff's office did that a week ago, and deputies aren't arresting anyone but violence related criminals.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:47 AM

What's the matter with people? Is there NO common sense anymore? When our guv gave her first proclamation of what we would be allowed to to do and not to do one of the things was no more than five people in a group and then she explained how families could comply with this. Her statement was if you are a family of six and want to go for a walk in the park then three of you can go at one time and then the other three. For crying out loud, these people live TOGETHER but have to separate when outside? This is just one example of the intellect of the individual elected as leader of the state.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Dee

oldandslow, you and I are just gonna have to "fall in line".
Join the herd.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 11:20 AM

Looks like. We can't go and do what we want because there is no place open to do that. I'm not scared of the bug. What scares me is what's being done to our country and seeing how many people are perfectly OK with this farce.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
looks like. We can't go and do what we want because there is no place open to do that. I'm not scared of the bug. What scares me is what's being done to our country and seeing how many people are perfectly ok with this farce.
100%!!

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page