Anyone besides me just pissed off at... - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Default Anyone besides me just pissed off at...

Keep your distance, what you came for was bought up, dirty looks over the cotton mask for whatever reason (apparently they donít realize it is as worthless as used toilet paper), no solid counting on any front of this propaganda errr virus, erosion of rights, government overreach and abuse of self appointed power, cowardly individuals around you, stares but no balls to express themselves, lack of work to support your family, did I mention abuse of lack of power granted by the fools who deserve no freedom? Add to this list as it should be long...

Make America great. Steel for the wall so we donít need cannons to shoot these turds back across the border...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 10:06 PM

Well the me too movement brought us having to ask a lady friend if we could enter her space, COVID-19 brought us having to hug her at arms length (Smile) my arms ain't that long and too old now any way.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Wearing a mask isn't necessarily for protecting the wearer, but it will help reduce their spreading infectious spittle in the form of droplets from their mouth/nose when talking, coughing or sneezing. An infected person can infect others long before the infected person knows they're infected due to the 2-14 day incubation period and that's not counting those that are asymptomatic, not wearing a masking endangers others, you're just a Typhoid Mary.

Tim

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/vi...droplets-spray

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:46 AM

yes sir something the simple minded and "you cant tell me what to do" children on the playground cant seem to wrap there brains around. Your doing it more for the other guy then you are for yourself and if everyone did it any doctor would tell you that it will cut down cases. But then theres people here and all over the country that think they know more about infectious diseases then a doctor that has spent his life studying them. Listening to them is about like going to a butcher to ask his advice on how to fix the space shuttle. But that playground banter does give them the rare opportunity to think there brave and a bad a##! To me its kind of like throwing your helmet and flak jacket away and standing up behind cover. Looks awful impressive to someone that doesn't know your just a dumb a##. Heck actors do it on tv every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdtoo View Post
Wearing a mask isn't necessarily for protecting the wearer, but it will help reduce their spreading infectious spittle in the form of droplets from their mouth/nose when talking, coughing or sneezing. An infected person can infect others long before the infected person knows they're infected due to the 2-14 day incubation period and that's not counting those that are asymptomatic, not wearing a masking endangers others, you're just a Typhoid Mary.

Tim

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 07:28 AM

We have masks, we have not been sick, and we have not been using them.

We do wash our hands a lot more and at the grocery store I wipe my cart handle down 3 times before I touch it.
I keep my distance. I accept that their concerns may not be identical with mine.

I follow directions and do what I can for my part.

Thus far we have come through unscathed.

My worry is that all those who are self isolated because they tested positive, or had symptoms, or had contact with those who did will think that they too are free.

And if that happens we'll see another big spike and another slamming of the door. Time will tell.

I think virtually every one in the media should be stood against a wall and shot for fear mongering and anti American activities.

Sweden did very little, did not shut down everything, practiced some common sense precautions and did not loose 5, 10 or 15 times as many people as Norway that did shut down.

That being said I do think there are some strains of this bug which are much worse. New York got one of those as did Italy and spain, Neitherlands.

But this is not over yet, it is out in the wild and mutating. We could see the Zombie Apocalypse yet as a result of this.

Interests wide and widely varying.
Happily married 18 years. Retired on SS with lots of time to spend.
Started with .223 Ultra Bull barrel. Added .357 Talo barrel. Added an action and stock set bought here, 7.62x39 barrel. Then bought complete guns .444 Marlin and .300 Blackout. Leaving me at 4 complete rifles plus a barrel. Plus a 9mm stub job bought here, and I have been finding and buying H&R shotguns at our local pawn shop where they seem to go cheap.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

This Constitution shredding lock down is an infringement on my Rights - your Rights - our Rights. You have been manipulated to be scared under the guise of "health care". Shutting EVERYTHING down was ABSURD. KEEPING it shut down is LUDICROUS. Look THROUGH the health care rhetoric. What is, and isn't, going on? On the face of it, people are dying, not from a lack of health care, though they are being counted that way; by theft of DIGNITY, through bankruptcy, prevention from earning a living, no money = no food = (for some) starvation; no money = no rent = no security = pressure, stress, anger, frustration, and soon survival instinct. More will die. People are scared and have been manipulated, so easily, into being scared. Look how fast everyone bought into the scare and took cover. No one asked why. They did what Lemmings do.

STOP BEING TOLD WHAT TO THINK.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 10:32 AM

Government says to "stay in your house", but says "get outside and exercise and get some sunshine" - and then closes the national, state, and local parks! Want to go fishing, but need a pole and some lures? No problem, go to Walmart and mingle with the crowds and pick up what you need - but the local bait shop has to remain closed!

Want to find out how this plandemic is progressing? Just flip thru the channels until you find the numbers you like, they're all different and change minute by minute according to the agenda of the person reporting them. Want to learn more about this C-19 virus? Again, just pick your "expert", none of them agree.

Just heard the Scarf Lady last night say "We're learning as we go"!! WHAT????? She is supposed to be an "expert" on infectious diseases!!! I guess she doesn't know any more than I do because we're "both learning as we go"!
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdtoo View Post

Tim

Problem as I see it is that most people are wearing a mask to protect themselves... They donít know...

Make America great. Steel for the wall so we donít need cannons to shoot these turds back across the border...
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 08:03 PM

We have been as isolated as we can do which from looks of neighbors we are doing heckava lot more than they are and they have kids. Friends over playing ball, family over for dinners. WTH? We haven't been out for 4 weeks. I needed some bolts to finish a project so went to Ace with mask and nitrile gloves on. Signs all over, maintain 6' distancing, wear mask, no more than 20 in store. BS - more than 30 in store, nobody wearing masks except me, and when I am in bolt aisle, 3 bozos drop in and stand right next to me shoulder to shoulder. So instead of saying something that I know would start something that I would have to finish, I left aisle until they left. Older gent from Ace, no mask, comes over really close to me inside even normal spacing that makes folks uncomfortable and asks if I need help and then starts coughing. WTH again! Jumped away and he says "don't worry I don't have the virus" which I respond "you are absolutely clueless". So here I am almost 70 retired as Dir of Environmental Health and Safety for a 100B global company, 40+ years in the field, certified professional auditor in Environmental, Safety, Occupational Health, and quite a few more other areas and I am seeing dumbest, clueless, careless, mind numbing actions of people completely ignoring requirements, self preservation is not even thought of, heck, pure Darwinism at work. I have multiple Pandemic training scenarios from past Avian flu, SARS, H1N1 and so on and what I am watching at government level is ludicrous. NOBODY wants to make the hard decisions WHEN they needed to be made. The masks are nice touch but folks will believe they are now invincible and assume they are HEPA rated negative pressure respirators and are safe. Grocery stores is most definitely the biggest potential risk of exposure and there should have been requirements in place 8 weeks ago when we had a chance to mitigate some exposures. Queen Whitmer of MI decisions on what is essential, what is acceptable recreation, what is acceptable medical treatment is beyond head scratching. That is another lengthy discussion but I would likely lose my decorum on her mindless decisions.

I truly don't see this dropping off based upon the totally inept governments advisors that we have in place along with a population that doesn't believe how deadly this virus is and will be. Heck, there was a dad in the store with a young girl maybe 8-9 years old. He had a mask on and she did not because it wouldn't fit. I watched him outside of door and heard him say. Don't worry, it will be ok as he walks in with a mask and she doesn't. She is visibly terrified and yet this moron takes her into the store. I bet she sleeps like a baby huh?

So that was my one and only and last foray into Disneyland of moronic behavior during this Pandemic and I am glad we have plenty of freezer to feed us.

But I am thinking of having a T-shirt made that says:

Social Distancing is 6'; if I can put my size 15 boot up your ass, you are too close!

I bet I can sell them, what say you?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." Ben Franklin
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyboots View Post
We have been as isolated as we can do which from looks of neighbors we are doing heckava lot more than they are and they have kids. Friends over playing ball, family over for dinners. WTH? We haven't been out for 4 weeks. I needed some bolts to finish a project so went to Ace with mask and nitrile gloves on. Signs all over, maintain 6' distancing, wear mask, no more than 20 in store. BS - more than 30 in store, nobody wearing masks except me, and when I am in bolt aisle, 3 bozos drop in and stand right next to me shoulder to shoulder. So instead of saying something that I know would start something that I would have to finish, I left aisle until they left. Older gent from Ace, no mask, comes over really close to me inside even normal spacing that makes folks uncomfortable and asks if I need help and then starts coughing. WTH again! Jumped away and he says "don't worry I don't have the virus" which I respond "you are absolutely clueless". So here I am almost 70 retired as Dir of Environmental Health and Safety for a 100B global company, 40+ years in the field, certified professional auditor in Environmental, Safety, Occupational Health, and quite a few more other areas and I am seeing dumbest, clueless, careless, mind numbing actions of people completely ignoring requirements, self preservation is not even thought of, heck, pure Darwinism at work. I have multiple Pandemic training scenarios from past Avian flu, SARS, H1N1 and so on and what I am watching at government level is ludicrous. NOBODY wants to make the hard decisions WHEN they needed to be made. The masks are nice touch but folks will believe they are now invincible and assume they are HEPA rated negative pressure respirators and are safe. Grocery stores is most definitely the biggest potential risk of exposure and there should have been requirements in place 8 weeks ago when we had a chance to mitigate some exposures. Queen Whitmer of MI decisions on what is essential, what is acceptable recreation, what is acceptable medical treatment is beyond head scratching. That is another lengthy discussion but I would likely lose my decorum on her mindless decisions.

You should be glad people are going on with their lives... With all of that training you should know that the only way this virus is going to go away is if most of the population is exposed to it. The at risk should stay home and let the rest of us deal with it. Most are asymptomatic anyway!

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page