Graybeard Outdoors banner

masks only

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rosewood 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
This is true, some states have laws against wearing a mask in public except during Halloween. I wonder if the Governors noted that when they said you should wear a mask.

Guess if they try to charge you with not wearing one, you can present the code that says it is illegal, reckon how the judges will reconcile that one.

Rosewood

#4 ·
Try Googling "Section 24-1(a)(9)" and it returns NOTHING of substantial value to determine whether that is true. Section 24-1(a)(9) of WHICH STATUTE?

I found NO INSTANCE of "mask" in Florida Statute 790 - Weapons and Firearms, which defines concealed carry rights and restrictions in this state.

#6 ·
I don't know about Florida, but there is a law in GA about wearing mask in public. Would have to do some research to point to it though. That law kind of put a hamper on Antifa folks. They could be arrested for wearing their mask in public (at least could be before Corona).

Rosewood

#5 ·
i wonder.........

could one be arrested for refusing to remove a mask at the demand of a police officer? could you insist your DL/ID picture be taken with a mask in place?

after all...it is intended as a protective measure, is it not?

mind you...i'm not advocating defiance of law enforcement, but I think things should be carefully considered by all concerned when dealing with this issue

#10 ·
2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
ARTICLE 2 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER
§ 16-11-38 - Wearing mask, hood, or device which conceals identity of wearer

O.C.G.A. 16-11-38 (2010)
16-11-38. Wearing mask, hood, or device which conceals identity of wearer

(a) A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he wears a mask, hood, or device by which any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer and is upon any public way or public property or upon the private property of another without the written permission of the owner or occupier of the property to do so.

(b) This Code section shall not apply to:

(1) A person wearing a traditional holiday costume on the occasion of the holiday;

(2) A person lawfully engaged in trade and employment or in a sporting activity where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession, or sporting activity;

(3) A person using a mask in a theatrical production including use in Mardi gras celebrations and masquerade balls; or

(4) A person wearing a gas mask prescribed in emergency management drills and exercises or emergencies.

#14 ·
I love how the article says "appears" to be happening. That means they have no idea, it is their best guess at the moment. The hypothesis is sound, but they really have no way to scientifically test and verify the hypothesis to become a theory.

The majority of the information on Covid is anecdotal at best. Folks say what makes sense to them then they repeat it as fact and the media laps it up. When true scientific studies come out, they say they are anecdotal when they are not because it conflicts with their belief.

Viruses are so small, you cannot see them spread, you can do some testing to try to verify what is happening but outside the lab, in the real world, it is all a best guess based on what has been observed in the controlled setting of a lab.

I am weary of the "scientific" rags, when you start reading through the articles, they always have a political agenda they are pushing.

Rosewood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.