Graybeard Outdoors banner

Where are the stimulus checks?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  The Old Man 
#1 ·
Anyone else still waiting for the stimulus money?

I guess the Democrats on the oversight commitee are not doing their job.....unless that job is making sure the illegal aliens are getting rewarded for violating our immigration laws, and being certain the money does not get into the hands of Americans whos bussinesses are being bankrupt by this unnessisary lockdown.

So. Am I the only one who has not recieved a check?

#3 ·
Mine showed up last Friday, yep, check from the Dept of Treasury. Sent my taxes in 2 months ago, haven't gotten my refund check from the Dept of Treasury. They can send out free money but can't seem to return my own money. Funny thing is I claim single and 1 on my withholding and file single and 1 with the standard deduction. I'm the perfect case of it should be about zero return or owed but am getting $1,100 refund. The withholding tables are wrong I would say.

#10 ·
Most SS checks nowadays is "direct deposit". And many folks like myself still file a tax return with "direct deposit".

Most of these folks have gotten their "stimulus checks" already.

#11 ·
The old man I spoke of has not likely filed a tax return in two decades, and his "JUST NOW" came in the mail.

Mine and Linda's were among the first.
Why? Maybe because I file a joint return on my little part time jobs, and use "direct deposit" every year.

#15 · (Edited)
I don' t believe it, but I just recieved my stimulus "DEBIT CARD" in the mail today! Too late to go to the bank today, but under the "Terms and Conditions" we read it says we can have it converted to cash at our bank, which we plan on doing tomorrow morning. There is no indication on the cash amount available on the card.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I'm able to help anyone with questions about this debit card they're sending now.

Thanks everyone for letting us know how things are playing out.

Just heard on TV that those debit cards come in a very unofficial looking envelope, and a lot of people toss it out figuring it's junk mail. Might want to open up the "junk mail" just in case. We nearly tossed ours out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.