Graybeard Outdoors banner

5 Squirrels, 2 Days. Never Got Out of My Rocker.

732 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  ironglow 
#1 ·
Me and my 61 year old Marlin Golden 39A like to sit on the back patio in my rockin chair.

Ole Rufus likes to rat on the encroachin tree rats that plague the neighborhood.

With a long barrel, and CB caps.
It all works out. 😉

#2 ·
If I could I would send you a photo of the tally marks on the header above my garage door of the skirls and raggits that cbs have accounted for over the years. In a long barreled 22 they don't make any more noise than spitting fingernails. However they are very effective.

I don't know how it works in Texas but in Ioway if you shoot a backyard squirrel one Monday then two more squirrels are fighting over that dead squirrel's tree by Tuesday. There is no end to them.

#4 ·
LOL, and 10-4 on the never ending replacement squirrels.
I was sitting in my rocke with my headphones on talking to my youngest boy in north Carolina.
Not being quite or nuthin, and they just kept lining up.
The boy didn't know what I was doing till I said: that's # 3.
When I go number 4 he said: did you just just shoot at another squirrel?
I said: no, I just head shot another squirrel.
He laughed and said: my old man, a ******* Texan hunting squirrels off his patio in his rocking chair.

#9 ·
No squirrels here except for a ground squirrel now and then. Those little buggers my be ground dwellers but I bet a regular bushy tail can't beat them up a tree. From what I have heard from people that have real squirrels I'm glad they don't live here or chipmunks either. I used to go to the Mora campground above Pecos to trout fish and sitting around camp I would feed the chipmunks peanuts. Once in a while one of the little bums would get up on my foot to take them. If either tree squirrels or chipmunks were native I'm sure I would be buying CB caps too.

#10 ·

Good going Dee, I don't shoot them in my backyard, because for some reason, I am not overrun by them. I have an old Stevens 66b rifle with a nice, long barrel (24") that is very accurate, but I won't try CBs, since I am concerned that they may not clear the barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.