Remington goes bust, bankrupt :( - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Default Remington goes bust, bankrupt :(

Perhaps to be saved by the Navjo indians.
Otherwise, I guess whatever is left of H&R may disappear, such as any mounts or sights etc. And their pump shotguns, etc. I guess.... I don't know.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...Dmj?li=BBnbfcL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 09:23 PM

Wow, wow, wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Getting Remington firearms has been nearly impossible for over e year. Even when they have as hot an item as the V3 TAC-13, they quit making them and took all of last summer off. It's too bad the SH aholz attacked them, but they had some good products and failed to get them out into the market.

Last edited by brianNH; 06-27-2020 at 12:24 AM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 11:40 PM

Maybe we'll get lucky and S&W will buy them. Remington has dodgy management for a long time so it's not surprising then went under...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

I have no idea why the Navajo tribe is considering buying Remington.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 07:06 AM

It's a shame. At onetime they were one of the best all around gunmakers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 08:23 AM

Shaner that was long ago and far away.

I am the proud owner of 3 Rem 870 Wingmasters. A 16 ga plain barrel early build that was owned by my grandfathers brother in law.
We connected with fishing, I was 6, he was 6o and we would spend whole mornings together with only a few words said. But the words were not needed.
Anyway he handed down his favorite shotgun to me when I was old enough.

I had a 20 ga cut down to fit my small frame, vent rib. Boy compared to a .410 bolt action it was a wildlife killing machine.
Then I picked up a 12 ga special trap model when my cousin quit shooting trap. I wrapped it in camo tape used it as my waterfowl and trap gun.

They made the best, period.

Then they went downhill and I started looking at other company's. It felt like a betrayal. I'd of been perfectly happy being a Rem Fanboi for most of my life.

But when they cheapened the lube on their .22lr ammo I dropped them like a hot rock and never looked back.

Interests wide and widely varying.
Happily married 18 years. Retired on SS with lots of time to spend.
Started with .223 Ultra Bull barrel. Added .357 Talo barrel. Added an action and stock set bought here, 7.62x39 barrel. Then bought complete guns .444 Marlin and .300 Blackout. Leaving me at 4 complete rifles plus a barrel. Plus a 9mm stub job bought here, and I have been finding and buying H&R shotguns at our local pawn shop where they seem to go cheap.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 09:32 AM

I've owned a lot of Remingtons over the last 50 yrs. Enjoyed most of them. I still have the 1100 20ga. magnum my Grandma got me for graduation in '71. Sad to see such an iconic American company failing. Quality control and management have been sketchy for years.

Professional critter chaser
Go WVU Mountaineers!
Hey, our mascot carries a muzzleloader!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 10:19 AM

Several years ago I bought a used Remington model 7600 pump in 30-06. It is quite accurate and deadly on deer (last one I got was at approx. 180 yards).
It's old enough that it is a quality piece. Hate to see an AMERICAN gun company go belly up.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 10:35 AM

Is the bankruptcy about current debt or potential debt from lawsuits?

And why would the Navajo Nation want to buy them? Only thing I can see is the potential for qualifying as a minority owned business for future government contracts.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 11:50 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
Is the bankruptcy about current debt or potential debt from lawsuits?

And why would the Navajo Nation want to buy them? Only thing I can see is the potential for qualifying as a minority owned business for future government contracts.
I'm guessing past, present and potential lawsuits put them on their heels. Many manufacturing companies in this country that deal with the regulations placed on them have a small margin of profit anyway. Remington has been on the brink for several years. I bet someone picks them up from over seas and after some down time reopens. Kinda like happened with Winchester and FN, the S&W 1500s and Howa, The Browning/FN relationship comes to mind.

Remington had a lot of growing pains and mistakes when they took over Marlin.....mistakes and shoddy workmanship hurt them bad. The current production Marlins are great guns and I am wondering if Remington sees a brighter future putting there efforts there as they have a lot less competition in the lever gun world. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page