Big demand for big feezers. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Default Big demand for big feezers.

We own one ,and have to use it off and on because we lost our our refer due to the lightning strike. I told the sales lady we were doing that. She said OMG, we can't get feezers like that right now would you sell it? Well, honey if I were to do that what would I replace it with? There is a lot of deer,beef and pork in there. It's not for sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

I've been trying to buy a freezer for over a month to replace our 40yr old Gibson that's still running, but for how much longer I don't know, freezers at Home Depot, Lowes and Best Buy are pretty much non-existent, they have some small chest freezers, but anything over about 7' are listed as out of stock or back ordered until Sept/Oct, had a 16' upright on order from Home Depot, was supposed to be delivered June 8th, but that day came, no delivery, called HD, they transferred me to Frigidaire, they said it was backordered until Sept, still don't have a replacement. Checked online sources, same thing pretty much, backordered for months.

Tim

https://www.google.com/search?client...eezer+shortage

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 08:49 PM

Some of us need items because our old ones have plumb worn out... After this head up your arse crisis is over well be able to buy what we need at a discount from the whores. Errr ***** ders...

Make America great. Steel for the wall so we dont need cannons to shoot these turds back across the border...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 11:24 PM

Kicktodo, just buy two littlen;s, cheaper, not as hard to reach you stuff. I HAVE 4 running and a brand new one new in box waiting.

Last edited by fatercat; 06-29-2020 at 11:29 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 04:15 AM

I bought a 3rd freezer when this crap all started because I was buying ALOT of food. It was tough to find. First one I ordered from lowes (only place that still had reasonable prices and hadn't jacked them up) was a month overdue and I called the local lowes store to complain and he said they are sold about the minute they hit the stores and ordered ones take a back seat to store sales. He told me he thought they had just got one in a 17 cu ft chest which was the same one I wanted. He said hed check and call back. I figured sure he would. Well about 15 minutes later he called and said its there and if I wanted it hed cancel my original order and have it at my door for the same price in two days. He even knocked 50 bucks off the price because I had waited so long. If I wanted a freezer id call your local store and get on there waiting list for new arrivals. They sure did me right.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Ours is only about eight years old, it's a big upright GE. The kaput Kenmore refer we had was 20 years,
the compressor burned out on it. And that will pretty well total them out as far as any repair cost.
I don't know if it was due to the lightning storm, but it did go out the morning after that.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 11:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to nessmuk101

Our family still cans and "puts up" vegtables and meat the old way. We can still get the bell jars and lids and do not need a freezer for our food.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 04:46 AM

I can too but need somewhere to put the venison, burger, pork and steak. Also to keep a good supply of bread, and frozen foods. Ive got two chests and one upright and two are full all the time and the other is waiting for deer season and is full after that. I can some venison and even started canning a bit of burger but I sure don't want all my meat canned. What I use canning for mostly is beans and big batches of soup, chili, preserves ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessmuk101 View Post
Our family still cans and "puts up" vegtables and meat the old way. We can still get the bell jars and lids and do not need a freezer for our food.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page