JES Rifle Reboring comes through again! - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 02:57 AM

Jess does good work. I am more than tickled with the 30-30 Handi here-bored and turned into a 375X1.8 for me.

If Michigan would drop the 1.8 inch thing on straightwalls, well now that would be nice. My 45/70 would like to go to the woods without having it's brass cut off at the shins.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED *****Not available in all areas.***** Void where prohibited by law. *****Many many many restrictions apply.*****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:06 AM

Gun Cabinet

Hudge,
I've BTDT twice now. Keep your head on a swivel and come home safe. The time goes by faster than you think.

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinny View Post
Hudge,
I've BTDT twice now. Keep your head on a swivel and come home safe. The time goes by faster than you think.

Thanks, Dinny

Dinny,

Thanks for the kind words, but I opted to come here all by myself this time around. I retired in June of last year and accepted a contracting gig over here, and was here 5 weeks after my retirement ceremony from the AF. I guess all the deployments I did while AD wasn't enough, actually I needed a job and a good paying to job to pay some debt off. While I won't be debt free leaving here, I have a lot less. The wife makes good money as well, but we want to be able to put the boys through college and enjoy ourselves as we get a little older. I was home for R&R in January, and it was tougher leaving there that go around then initially coming here. My old AF unit contacted me when I was on my way home in January and asked me to stop by the unit to see them. The civilian we had in the shop while I was there quit and they are rewriting the job description so they can hire me to take her place. I hope all goes well, and I can get the job. Four months out from retiring the AF in all of its wisdom decided they would try and med board me, instead of letting me retire at 21 years. I fought it, but I was not able to do my VA claim, so I have to be home by September to start the process on that. I'm just going to keep my head up and see what path God has for me in store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:50 PM

Gun Cabinet

Hudge,
I'm fighting against a med board right now. So I'll either be out this summer or two years from this summer when I hit my 20 year mark. I may PM you if I get any indication of a early separation to learn about contracting jobs. I'm a real good medic, my illness hasn't slowed me one little bit. The Army makes up some dumb rules sometimes...

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:14 PM

Gun Cabinet

I just bought a custom shop barrel 38-55 for my TCR rifle from one of the members here and it was made by SSK and they said that it was the 375 bore which I think really makes sense as they could use the same barrel blank for both the 38-55 and also the 375 it also has the 1 in 12 twist

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:40 PM

I will own another JES .358 someday; can't decide on the donor. It's between a Sav110 .243 or a 22-250 Tikka T3, both of which shoot great as is.
Ah, dilemma!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:02 PM

That seems to be a very effective bullet diameter.
The late E.N. Woodcock chose the .38-40 as his last and favorite cartridge for deer and bear.
So the .38-55 should knock over moose and such.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page