New Savage single shot - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 PM

So I guess now the used Handies are looking better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 09:07 AM

I believe every hammer gun has a safety now. Something to do with Lawyers I think.

Too soon old . . . Too late smart.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 01:30 PM

I could be wrong (not unusual!), but I think the safety is required on all imported guns, but not on USA made guns. Maybe only applies to long guns and not handguns.

If it were only a lawyer induced item then you would think the H&R would have had one added to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:15 PM

Oh well, if they are made as well as the Pardner Pumps, I can see having one or two at some point. If but to preserve my now out of print H&R's LOL!

Had been wanting to get various H&R's with plastic stocks. All the one's I have are wood... always liked the wood better for looks... but for in the field I'm good with plastic.

But I'd be a sight bit happier if they had just kept production here in the US and left the design alone, or perhaps even reverted it to the old rebounding hammer design... and changed those pins out for real screws...
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshaw View Post
I believe every hammer gun has a safety now. Something to do with Lawyers I think.
The new Henry single shots that are coming out don't have external safeties, just a good old-fashioned rebounding hammer. I have a Henry lever action .22, that just has an old-fashioned half-cockk safety.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshaw View Post
My Henry levers don't have safeties... (besides the hammer)

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:56 AM

But will the new Henrys pass the rigid inspection and torture tests of Tim Quickdtoo?

Inquiring Minds want to know!

Stay tuned.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyrock View Post
But will the new Henrys pass the rigid inspection and torture tests of Tim Quickdtoo?

Inquiring Minds want to know!

Stay tuned.
Just counting down the days!

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:06 PM

Gun Cabinet

Back to the topic at hand - What is that knob at the front of the forearm? Maybe a take-down button so you don't need a screw driver, or is it a sling stud? ~WH~

NMLRA Life Member
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 07:30 PM

Gun Cabinet

According to another post on this gun in this section, it's a take-down button for the fore end stock.
The Legacy break actions have a safety too and I've also heard that the law these days says they have to have them.
Don't know how Henry gets around it (CVA, too), but maybe its the difference between using a hammer block or transfer bar, compared to rebounding hammers?
A manual safety would make sense when you look at it that way (although, it is a break action gun. One could just carry it with the action opened, so.....???).
I would like to take a closer look at this gun.
"Made in China" doesn't bother me as much as it used to. So much stuff is made overseas these days, you're likely using it whether you know it or not.
If you do your homework and pay attention to QC, there's no reason why a copy should be any worse than an original (maybe even improved, as the Japanese have shown us for about 50 years now).
I wonder if Stevens would make one for me with a barrel between 30 and 36 inches. That would be nicer than a 26.

DCman

Last edited by DCman; 07-20-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page