3” to 3.5 12gauge - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 09:26 AM

I have one of the threaded 24 in 3 1/2 chamber 12s. This is my second one. I dont shoot 3 1/2 shells out of it. Not needed. I wouldn't waste the money. Not if you're **** bent on having one, I'd part with mine, just send me a PM. I think they are great versatile barrels. With 3 1/2 2oz Turkey loads it's a handful. But what do you expect it to be, less? It's not a paper punching round, but when adrenaline is there on old tom you dont feel a thing. Everyone can say what they want but the worst I ever had was a Mossy 835 UltaMag that I was on a logging road and shot a Turkey. I was on one knee and one propped up to support my left arm when I shot, turkey down and i was on my back on the road. I grabbed the barrel and was gonna wrap it around a oak tree but I didnt. My buddy stopped me. I sold it next day.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Handis 223 Superlight, 357 Maxi x 2,
Pardners 410 22''full, 20ga Tamer, 20ga 20' threaded for chokes youth model, Pardner 12ga 18.5 threaded for chokes.
too many numerous ones that have been sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 10:40 AM

I have a full rifled Pardner ll 12 Ga. It will "Balentine" three Hybred slugs at 50yds if you hold it down and tight....and you better! After a couple nose bleeds and a magnum eyebrow when I tried scoping it once, I made a curly maple forestock for it and filled it with lead. While that tamed the recoil a bit, I never see me trying out a 3 1/2" slug out of that gun.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
I made a curly maple forestock for it and filled it with lead.
Adding weight to the forend have a history of detaching the forend stud for those that have tried it, stud is just resistance welded to the barrel, studs detach on unmodified guns far too often.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 04:15 PM

First I've heard of that. The fore end I made is quite a bit larger, and accraglas bedded. It acts like it's glued to the barrel so far, but in fairness, since I made it I've shot it maybe 50 times. Thanks for the heads up!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

There's a warning in the FAQs, lots of members have had detached forend studs without adding a heavier forend, particularly on heavy kickers, unfortunately. If you'd like to improve the attachment, drilling and tapping to add a couple screws is a fairly easy option.

Tim

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/i...#msg1098240921

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 10:38 PM

I would only do it on an SB2 frame. My ultra slug is chambered for 3.5" and I shoot 12 gauge FH in it with no problem. Increase in weight and a better pad is recommended highly

https://youtu.be/Tvd5KgeDwwE
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 01:14 PM

I've got a few with 3 1/2" chambers. Worst felt recoil I've ever experienced. Shot a goose one time that was way past the blind to the left and the butt of the stock was against my bicep. I think I had a bruise for a month.

PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page